Trapshooters Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I WAS TOLD BY A PERSON WHO SHOOTS TRAP THAT AT THE PA STATE SHOOT AT ELEYSBURG YOU COULD TRY OUT DIFFERENT SHOTGUNS THAT VENDORS HAD THERE. THE PERSON SAID THAT YOU WOULD GIVE THEM A CREDIT CARD OR SIMILAR AND THAT YOU COULD TAKE A GUN TO ONE OF THE TRAP RANGES AND SEE IF YOU LIKED IT. THIS INDIVIDUAL HAS NOT NOT BEEN TO THE STATE SHOOT FOR SEVERAL YEARS AND I WAS WONDERING IF ANYONE KNOWS IF THIS IS STILL THE CASE. I AM IN THE MARKET FOR A NEW GUN AND I HAVE ALWAYS READ HERE AND ELSEWHERE THAT TRY BEFORE YOU BUY IS THE VERY BEST PRACTICE THERE IS.
THANKS FOR ANY HELP OR ADDITIONAL INFO IN THIS MATTER
TOM HARTMAN

·
Registered
848 Posts
Some vendors allow you to try shooting their guns and some don't. Please don't use all CAPITALS.

·
Registered
1,173 Posts
Last year at the Missouri state shoot and at the Fall Handicap some of the larger more reputable dealers offered to let me try a used gun on the practice range. I don't think you should expect to try a new in the box never fired gun. That would seem unreasonable to me. Jack Farrow

·
Registered
331 Posts
Last summer at the shoot,you had C.G.guns,with their own demo guns,so did Blaser,Doug at Shotgun Specialties,Joel Etechen,will usually work with you
Glenn

·
Registered
89 Posts
Most dealers will allow you to take one of their USED guns to the practice trap for a trial. I have never heard of a dealer letting you take a NEW UNFIRED gun out to shoot, which makes sense to me. I have attended the PA. state shoot for 20 plus years and know most of the dealers. Good luck on your search for a new gun.

·
Registered
632 Posts
Usually new ( demo ) guns. Yes you can shoot them on practice traps but they usually want your drivers license to hold till you bring the gun back.

Last summer I was offered a new Blaser to shoot but had to show my license.

·
Registered
12,479 Posts
Assuming that you shoot at a club regularly, ask the guys that you shoot with if you could try their guns as you are looking to buy one. If you lived near Pittsburgh I could let you try a K-80, a TMX and a Bt-99. Bulge.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.