Trapshooters Forum banner

Gun stock over the internet

2919 Views 14 Replies 9 Participants Last post by  Gary Waalkes
An interesting video on making a gun stock over the internet.

Manuel Ricardo

The craftsmanship appears to be excellent. Not sure of cost since I didn't look up the conversion factor.
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

· Registered
2,225 Posts
I think it’s a good deal. You could even fly to Portugal, get custom fitted in person, spend a couple days there while they make it, and fly back quicker and cheaper than most of the popular stockmakers in the U.S. They don’t charge an extra $500 just for a fitting or for custom dimensions...they consider that just a part of the service they’re providing by making you a stock.

· Registered
223 Posts
How much fitting was required once you received the stock/forend ?
I was concerned about this also, but none! After removing the adjustable comb, to access the stock bolt, amazingly it bolted right on! I worried about this myself, as I have release triggers also, which take up some space internally. If I am being very picky, I did notice a very slight gap on the bottom where it meets the receiver, right side. Additionally it looked like the wood and finish were tight where the bottom rear tang and removable trigger met. When I removed the trigger, it lifted a very slight bit of the finish . I used my dremel and removed a very very small amount of the wood at that spot. That's it.

· Registered
223 Posts
As I said in earlier posts, I was hesitant to do this. When everything worked out so well, I asked them to make a forearm last Thursday, (I received the stock Wednesday). Another important point was that they actually didn't take any money until the stock was completed and ready to ship.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.