Trapshooters Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
299 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Looking for a 2 piece set of decent looking walnut for a 682 Gold. Current stock is splitting in all the wrong places, with high humidity shooting it won't last very long. I've been searching the internet for about a week looking at blanks, have found plenty of potential. I want to know who everyone has bought wood from, how the company was, product received and who to stay away from. Trying to keep a decent budget ($500-1000ish), so no $3000 slabs of wood here.

Any one from the forum who sells chunks of wood for clubbing baby seals chime in!

·
Registered
1,811 Posts
Best confer with your stock maker before you show up at his door with a sub-par blank he does not want to work with. Stock maker probably has some blanks or knows the preferred wood vendors.

·
Registered
1,233 Posts
Best confer with your stock maker before you show up at his door with a sub-par blank he does not want to work with. Stock maker probably has some blanks or knows the preferred wood vendors.
Sounds great, how about adding "Stock Makers" to the question since a chunk of wood is useless (except for clubbing baby seals) without a stock maker

·
Banned
2,644 Posts
Def contact Mike Mann! All around good guy, no BS, tells no tales, beauteous product, knows what he speaks of.

JMO of course but it will be yours too

·
Registered
56 Posts
I have some very nice California English Walnut blanks, cut over 30 years ago. I no longer make stocks but your stockmaker will love working with this wood. Email me for pictures of stocks and blanks,
Robert Daniel
[email protected]

·
Registered
1,119 Posts
A plus for Mike Mann.

·
Registered
2,927 Posts
Call Chris Vendel at CRV Custom Arms in Rochester, NY. 585-730-8166. He is an excellent stockmaker and can also provide blanks at very fair prices.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts