·
Registered
318 Posts
Green Top

Great place

·
Registered
1,738 Posts
There are no gunshops in VA that cater to the shotgun sports (trap/skeet/sporting clays). You won't find a gunshop like Jaquas (Ohio) or Joel Etchen that has a wide selection of trap guns. A majority of gunshops within VA cater to the tactical gun crowd. You might find a gunshop here and there with a used sporting shotgun or two in the gun rack but that's about it. Greentop does sell sporting shotguns but it's the occasional Beretta 682 Gold E Trap and similar types and the inventory selection is far and few, when I last visited them a couple of years ago.

If you are looking to handle several trapguns before buying, I would make a date to head up to PA and attend one of the trapshoots at Elysburg. HiGrade Shooters Supply is usually there and he has a trailer load of guns he brings to handle.

·
Registered
367 Posts
depending on your location, you might contact the person listed on a trap club info site. I shot at Fairfax Trap Club as a guest when I called and asked if they let the public shoot. They were really great, the state shoot is in Winchester, VA. There might be guns posted on the board. Someone said Bull Run Trap club in Manassas ?. I live in NJ but have family in Herndon, so I have tried to find one( gun shop ) in that area unsuccessfully. Dicks has ammo.

Good luck

Rich Kaplan, chemist

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.