Trapshooters Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Banned
7,659 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Looking for a gun safe to hold about 12 long guns/shotguns & personal documents. What manufacturer delivers & moves their product into a desired location?

Phil Berkowitz

·
Registered
114 Posts
If you're anywhere near Northwest Ohio, I'd suggest Doug Smith. He has standard sizes, but can/will make custom mods as you desire. Good guy to deal with, IMHO

http://www.smithsecuritysafes.com/

·
Registered
97 Posts
Howdy,
Just bought a Liberty Fat Boy Jr. from Lowes. Their price was $1100 before military discount, They are only charging me $65 to put this 700 pound safe exactly where I want it in my garage! Yes, they do carry smaller Liberty safes and ya can't beat the delivery charge.

·
Registered
51 Posts
Look at Costco.com. They carry a big selection, have great prices and all include delivery. I bought a really nice Big Horn last year and couldn't be happier. Watch their website. They always have a couple model on sale at all times. I saved $300 when I bought mine.

·
Registered
291 Posts
Check out Heritage Gun Safes, very high quality. I bought one about 10 years ago after a through review of the competitors and bought a second last year. They typically have the ability to arrange in home installation. I did mine myself (with son and wife) with a pallet jack. It weighs about 2200 lbs, but the jack and some plywood were equalizers.

·
Registered
470 Posts
I bought a Browning Select ST34. I liked the feature of being able to store frequently used guns on the door, the interior lighting, & the mirror.

Check out a piano store for professional people to move heavy, awkward objects. 2 buddies & a 12 pack is not the way to go.

My contractor told me if the safe weighs more than 55 lbs per square foot, reinforce the floor if it is not sitting on earth.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.