Trapshooters Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
82 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Looking to make some new gun racks for my local club. I’m having a hard time deciding on a style. Anybody have any pictures or plans for a great gun rack?
Thanks

·
Registered
150 Posts
I've made gun racks based on these plans with a few modifications. I did not use dado cuts. Construction adhesive and screws worked fine. They're very sturdy.

Can't remember where I got the plans. Although based on the file name it could very well have been from the Kansas Trapshooting Association?

Attachments

·
Thorn in your side
8,115 Posts
One suggestion, when you are making the cutouts for the barrel holder make one or two of them larger so they can fit a side by side most of the gun racks are made for single barrels and over and unders not side by sides.
Cause no one shoots a SxS for trap. Not registered at least. I haven't been shooting but 7 years, but I do get around. NEVER seen one at a shoot. I have years ago when I use to shoot for fun. My guess, is the number of people that shoot a SxS for registered trap can be counted on 2 hands, and that is nationwide.

·
Premium Member
682 Posts
No plans, but a tip - assuming the racks(s) will be exposed outside, if your club can swing the additional funds, polyvinyl lumber is a good material to use for the lifespan of the rack in elements. A thread search here or Google may be your friend for plans...Best of luck with your project.

·
Premium Member
1,151 Posts
Here is a sketch of one I made that looked pretty good. I tried to take a pic but if you cannot use it, pm me with your email address and I will scan a copy and send it to you. Regards, Bob

gun rack 2.JPG

1 - 12 of 12 Posts