Trapshooters Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
3,906 Posts
and 50 bucks for the finger prints
Be happy you don't live in Middlesex County, your digital fingerprints are only good for 5 years, then must be redone when applying for a new handgun permit.

·
Registered
2,168 Posts
This might be a not so smart question on my part now . That is for long guns ,like rifle or shotgun ,or is that good for handguns as well ? Post # 1 ,somebody should make or give it away ( N R A ) perhaps as a sticker

·
Registered
480 Posts
This might be a not so smart question on my part now . That is for long guns ,like rifle or shotgun ,or is that good for handguns as well ? Post # 1 ,somebody should make or give it away ( N R A ) perhaps as a sticker
NO !!!!
The NJFID is for the purchase of long arms only . BB guns and muzzleloaders are also firearms' in NJ and require you to have a NJFID to purchase . ALL firearm transfers must go through an ffl .Handguns require a permit for each purchase .
Once you have your handgun permit , say you go to a gun shop across the street from the PD , where you just picked up your permit , you make a purchase and they run another background check for $ 18.00 . Don't you feel extra safe coming to New Jersey ? Carry permits are on the books but they are non existent for average citizens
NOW I know you feel safe .
ps -don't go to Newark -Trenton or Camden at night

·
Registered
3,906 Posts
NO !!!!
The NJFID is for the purchase of long arms only . BB guns and muzzleloaders are also firearms' in NJ and require you to have a NJFID to purchase . ALL firearm transfers must go through an ffl .Handguns require a permit for each purchase .
Once you have your handgun permit , say you go to a gun shop across the street from the PD , where you just picked up your permit , you make a purchase and they run another background check for $ 18.00 . Don't you feel extra safe coming to New Jersey ? Carry permits are on the books but they are non existent for average citizens
NJFID is also required to purchase handgun ammo in NJ.

·
Registered
1,473 Posts
NO !!!!
local overides the federal? last i heard the BATF did not consider black powder rifles to be a firearm. Was that way when i had my FFL years ago. Bet a lot of dead civil war soldiers would disagree with black powder muskets not being a firearm.

·
Registered
945 Posts
It took me Months of calling PD asking what the holdup was and mine was just an address change laying on desk !!

·
Registered
2,168 Posts
" Soup " thanks for the Info and I was always under the impression that MD is a messed up state when it comes to guns . Yea Newark , even the Airport sucks [ I did not say that :) :) ] and Trenton + Camden look very nice at night from the PA side of the Schuylkill River if they did not have all those old Navy Boats in them

1 - 10 of 10 Posts