Trapshooters Forum banner

1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
7,042 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Michael says a FedEx supervisor told him because of COVID-19, FedEx has changed some of its guidelines.

“They said, even though it said ‘signature required,’ the drivers are able to sign for the package.”

“One supervisor even said, ‘it’s not my fault you bought a shotgun online, and we delivered it somewhere else.’,” Michael said.

FEDEX SHIPS SHOTGUN to wrong address

·
Registered
1 Posts
Michael says a FedEx supervisor told him because of COVID-19, FedEx has changed some of its guidelines.

“They said, even though it said ‘signature required,’ the drivers are able to sign for the package.”

“One supervisor even said, ‘it’s not my fault you bought a shotgun online, and we delivered it somewhere else.’,” Michael said.

FEDEX SHIPS SHOTGUN to wrong address
Call the ATF they will find it.Tell them what FEDEX done.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
850 Posts
Unfortunately, FedEx and UPS have been letting the drivers "sign for the package" even though it says signature required for well over a year now. Source? I handle incoming shipments where I work with musical instruments, which can easily be just as valuable as a Kolar. I don't like it all.

·
Premium Member
793 Posts
fedex and ups use gps to save the location everytime they scan something as delivered.
I have had to call them on it a few times since a house a block away has the same house number but it's for a perpendicular street.

·
Registered
527 Posts
I have had a number of expensive items Requiring a signature indicate they were delivered (indicating “signature on file”), only to show up the next day, including a watch and a gun.

·
Registered
1,098 Posts
I've always been pretty lucky in my dealings with UPS and FED-EX. I have never had a package not make it.
But, anytime a signature is needed, it should never mean delivery drivers signature. That is just crazy to me.

·
Registered
3,718 Posts
A few years ago I had a rifle ent back to Thompson Center for a recall. In order to do that I had to personally deliver it to the Fed Ex office about 40 miles away since no local FedEx contract agents would handle. They told me that because it was a firearm, only FedEx employees could accept it.

So then a week or two later I get a notice that it was shipped back to me and a tracking number and it would require a signature for delivery. Tracking it I saw it was out for delivery so I stayed home. Imagine my surprise when tracking info showed it had been delivered since I never saw a FedEx truck or person. The on-line tracking receipt even showed a drunken snake scrawl where I had supposedly signed it. There was never a knock at the door or anything. I looked where packages normally are delivered at the door of our house adjacent to the driveway. Nothing. I looked around and finally found it leaning on the steps at the side of the house facing the road, around the corner which obviously, because of the plantings, had no normal access but plainly visible from the road maybe 75 feet from the road.

I called FedEx office and asked for a Supervisor and was told he was at lunch. This was about 2:00 P.M. He would call me back when he returned. No call that day. Next day I called again and this time he was "on-Break" and would call back. His "break" must have lasted two or three hours. I called again and he now he was "at lunch". When they started the spiel that he would call back my patience ran out and I told them I would be contacting the ATF since an obviously forged signature was shown as my received notice. Well, then they found some "supervisor" who was "able" to talk to me. I told him this was a Federal Violation of the firearms shipping laws (which he claimed he knew nothing about). He told me he would talk to the delivery man(woman?) and get back to me. Since it has now been maybe five years and I am "still waiting" for that return call, FedEx has been crossed off my list of shippers I will use for anything if there is any other alternative.

·
Registered
224 Posts
I witnessed this yesterday with USPS by a chance happening, coinciding with the postwoman in the driveway. She was bringing a package to the house in her Jeep and I opened the garage door to walk to my pickup at the same time. So, not really knowing her (I’ve only lived here 20 years in the country, and she’s new) I ambled over and exchanged pleasantries. She muttered “you can’t sign for this” as I watched her start to write my name, then she paused, and asked me my name. Which I stated, then had to spell out for her, which was already spelled on the GD package. And my first name is a common name (sure, the last name is tuff to spell). She finished signing for me, (for my new Pilla Glasses BTW) and handed me some junk mail, and I walked away half stunned! Someone else can sign for my packages....hmmm

·
Banned
2,711 Posts
I have had similar problems. The delivery folks like to leave the packages at the mail box which is across the street and down a pretty long driveway as I live in a rural area.

I have my guns shipped directly to a FedEx facility and I pick it up on my lunch break. You have to show ID to pick up at a facility. I still hate shipping my guns but that works a lot better than before.

·
Banned
200 Posts
This has happened to me several times with USPS and FedEx, I never ship a package or send out a mail without a tracking#. USPS has lot my checks twice with no hope of ever finding them, I had the sender cancel it and send another but it took months to have this resolved.

Having insurance with fedex while sending a package is very vital and that's all i can say.

·
Registered
2,079 Posts
Is this true?? I have "heard" that if package insurance is over "X" amount, the package gets a more personalized attention.

·
Registered
421 Posts
Something similar happened to a friend. ....Ruger shipped a repaired gun with UPS. ....Friend stayed home to receive package which never came although online tracking showed it was delivered. ....He contacted UPS and was told they would trace the shipment and get back to him in a week. ...The electronic signature misspelled his last name.

He called the local police and Ruger. ....Evidently sparks flew so UPS sent the driver back to where the gun was delivered. ....It was delivered to the wrong house, several houses away. ...The matter was resolved before the end of the day.

Reactions: Kizaru

·
Registered
37 Posts
I am never comfortable shipping or receiving guns, or other valuables, for the above reasons.

Seems, if I have valuables sent to a receiving location(ups storefront) it may be safer?

·
Registered
4,778 Posts
The solution is simple. Sue the individual who signed. He or she has legal responsibility for the item once signed for. Sue them for replevin of property or or fair value therof.

·
Banned
200 Posts
Something similar happened to a friend. ....Ruger shipped a repaired gun with UPS. ....Friend stayed home to receive package which never came although online tracking showed it was delivered. ....He contacted UPS and was told they would trace the shipment and get back to him in a week. ...The electronic signature misspelled his last name.

He called the local police and Ruger. ....Evidently sparks flew so UPS sent the driver back to where the gun was delivered. ....It was delivered to the wrong house, several houses away. ...The matter was resolved before the end of the day.
He is so lucky, I guess in this situation the last delivery person misappropriate the mail. I have noticed a lot of delivery people don't take their Jobs seriously.

·
Registered
850 Posts
Is this true?? I have "heard" that if package insurance is over "X" amount, the package gets a more personalized attention.
Our UPS guy told us that if it's insured for $5000+, the driver has to carry it into the hub, instead of letting the normal guys that unload the trucks handle it. So yeah, it's a little more personal, but that only lasts until the driver hands it off.

·
Registered
2,238 Posts
I feel that the Service center in Nevada owns the problem, they were the shipper/insurer.

Pat

·
Registered
224 Posts
When having a gun shipped back to me, I prefer UPS. I have the "secret number" of our local HUB which is only 15 minutes from the house. Once it's delivered to the HUB in the morning, I call and request that the package be held out for pickup by me. They give me an approx time that it'll be unloaded, and then I hot-foot down to the HUB with my ID of course. It's worked every time so far (this is for guns coming back from having work done on them).

·
Registered
1,835 Posts
A few years ago I had a rifle ent back to Thompson Center for a recall. In order to do that I had to personally deliver it to the Fed Ex office about 40 miles away since no local FedEx contract agents would handle. They told me that because it was a firearm, only FedEx employees could accept it.

So then a week or two later I get a notice that it was shipped back to me and a tracking number and it would require a signature for delivery. Tracking it I saw it was out for delivery so I stayed home. Imagine my surprise when tracking info showed it had been delivered since I never saw a FedEx truck or person. The on-line tracking receipt even showed a drunken snake scrawl where I had supposedly signed it. There was never a knock at the door or anything. I looked where packages normally are delivered at the door of our house adjacent to the driveway. Nothing. I looked around and finally found it leaning on the steps at the side of the house facing the road, around the corner which obviously, because of the plantings, had no normal access but plainly visible from the road maybe 75 feet from the road.

I called FedEx office and asked for a Supervisor and was told he was at lunch. This was about 2:00 P.M. He would call me back when he returned. No call that day. Next day I called again and this time he was "on-Break" and would call back. His "break" must have lasted two or three hours. I called again and he now he was "at lunch". When they started the spiel that he would call back my patience ran out and I told them I would be contacting the ATF since an obviously forged signature was shown as my received notice. Well, then they found some "supervisor" who was "able" to talk to me. I told him this was a Federal Violation of the firearms shipping laws (which he claimed he knew nothing about). He told me he would talk to the delivery man(woman?) and get back to me. Since it has now been maybe five years and I am "still waiting" for that return call, FedEx has been crossed off my list of shippers I will use for anything if there is any other alternative.
A friend of my son's bought an AR15 online a few years ago, and got a tracking number for the Canadian postal system.
He kept track of its progress across Canada to Vancouver, then to the island. It showed delivery the next day, so he stayed home from work to receive it.
The truck goes by at about 11 oclock, and the tracking number showed the package on the truck for delivery, so he was looking out the front window, only to see the truck cruise on by! When he checked the computer for the tracking number, it showed lost in transit.
He immediately called the post office, and was told that yes, it was lost in transit. He explained that it showed on the truck for delivery at 8 oclock, so how could it be lost between then and his house?
That earned him a quick dismissal, so he jumped in his truck and went to the local RCMP station. He reported the facts: he ordered a product online from back east, tracked it across Canada, saw it on the truck for delivery that morning, the truck drove by without delivering his package, and the computer showed his package as lost in transit. The young Mountie started to tell him that this wasn't a matter for the RCMP, it was a civil matter between him and the post office, but changed his tune pretty quickly when it was explained that the package contained an AR15!
He returned home, and got a call from somebody in the post office a couple hours later, asking if he was home and able to receive his package? He said yes, and a couple hours later his package was delivered by a guy in a really good suit, driving his own car. There was no information forthcoming as to what happened to his package, how it was lost, or how it was found so rapidly, just a quick apology for his trouble, and please sign here sir.

·
Registered
303 Posts
Unfortunately, FedEx and UPS have been letting the drivers "sign for the package" even though it says signature required for well over a year now. Source? I handle incoming shipments where I work with musical instruments, which can easily be just as valuable as a Kolar. I don't like it all.
I was not aware of this, that could explain why I've been unable to locate a part for work for months now, we did reorder the $5,700 part. Said part was delivered to my work site but nobody in the company or our subcontractors have the same name. I called every business within a 5 mile radius with the same result. This item was delivered to a small village in Ohio this March, Population is small but a lot of working industry in the area. Knowing this information I'm wondering if it was dropped off at a residential address and it was tossed or sitting in a garage somewhere. One of our internal affairs persons also dealt with the matter with UPS but no reasonable response to explain where it was delivered. They also contacted the shipper and again nothing. Like someone else stated the scanned bar code is pinged to a certain location, I'm wondering if that information was left out.

It's baffling that a driver can sign for any signature required package regardless of content and value. We've since shipped all incoming parts to our Head Quarters and have someone retrieve it the same day or following day.

1 - 20 of 31 Posts