Trapshooters Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Banned
940 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I recently purchased a two barrel BT99 and sent it to a reputable gunsmith and he rebuilt it. One barrel cocks every time but the other one doesn't cock sometimes. Does a barrel have anything to do with the cocking of the gun. Any suggestions?

·
Registered
1,605 Posts
Do both barrels use the same fore end? How is the fit on the one that won't cock? The fore end has to be in place to cock the gun. If it doesn't fit properly, it won't cock.

·
Registered
1,605 Posts
now that's funny !!!!
Not really. The guy was looking for advice and gets comedians. He said he sent the gun. He was looking for a possible easy fix rather than shipping the gun out again. Maybe you could get to 50 posts by contributing something useful.

·
Registered
70 Posts
Not really. The guy was looking for advice and gets comedians. He said he sent the gun. He was looking for a possible easy fix rather than shipping the gun out again. Maybe you could get to 50 posts by contributing something useful.
Sorry, I didn't mean to offend anyone. I would post more often but I don't know anything useful.
But I do thank you for the excuse to post again.

·
Registered
1,372 Posts
contact the gunsmith and see if he would meet you at lest half way on shipping being he did not fulfill his obligation on a complete
rebuild.

·
Registered
835 Posts
I had a similar problem with a Perazzi MX2000/10 at the grand this summer. Took it to Giacomo. Turned out it was normal wear at the barrel lug, which is a critical part of recocking. Perazzi's have a small replaceable wear block in the forend. He replaced it overnight and the problem was solved. Hasn't failed to recock ever since. Wasn't an expensive repair.

Not sure if Brownings use the same method, but a more competent gunsmith than me could always braze and file the face of the barrel lug to compensate for wear if that's the issue.

If you have two barrels for your Browning, make sure you have both of them fitted at the same time.

Run that by your gunsmith to see what he thinks.

·
Premium Member
2,327 Posts

Give him a break. He's a farmer. You know, the guys who work 4 weeks in the spring and 4 weeks in the fall and then just sit around and clip coupons from their investment bonds the rest of the year ! He's not got anything else to do in the winter time except plan for his next Cadillac purchase or a new JD combine so he can write it off on his taxes as an expense.

·
Registered
70 Posts
So rude. Yes, I farm and I am jealous of no ones occupation.

I've nothing else to do in the winter time, so I guess I'll go to Florida in my new Cadillac and shoot trap for a few months. As for now I have to get back to clipping some coupons. I sure hope no one talks about farmers with there mouth full.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts