Trapshooters Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1,017 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just watched some Olympic Trapshooting Videos. I put them in stop motion and watched their mounting technique in detail. They do NOT bring the gun to their head. They mount with the bead high-move head up and out then crawl thee stock and put cheek hard on stock. Also their nose almost touches their thumb.Then they bend their back to bring the gun to their hold point. This may not be 100 % true but I bet 90% of these shooter mount the gun this way. What do you think about this technique?....SMOKIT

·
Registered
1,135 Posts
What works for you? The main need is gun fit and then consistency of your mount,like all other things practice until it is done by habit.

·
Vendor
19,637 Posts
You'd be better served to emulate Harlan Campbell, Phil Kiner, Jerry Demulling. Trap is not the hard swing motion that Olympic shooting is. Get a Harlan Campbell tape and watch his work.

·
Registered
1,017 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
If you are a two eye shooter holding a level gun,I agree, there is not a lot of swinging required. If you are a one eye shooter holding on the house there is a lot more swinging involved..SMOKIT

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.