Trapshooters Forum banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just recently bought an Over and Under 12 Gauge Beretta 694 with the price tag totaling over $4000 and it kept bothering my mind on what I can do if my firearm gets stolen. I will everything in my power to invest in a nice safe but wondering if there is a decent insurance plan I can use without using my homeowners policy. Any suggestion or prior dealings?

·
K-80 TS or Seitz 1045
5,232 Posts
Contact LarryC. He is a member here. I have used his company for several years now.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Contact LarryC. He is a member here. I have used his company for several years now.

Thanks. I hope they will not decline me like Collectibles Insurance. I was told since my daughter uses two of them for competitions that they cannot underwrite a policy. I told them my daughter is only 13 and I would need to be there for her to handle a firearm but they indicated does not matter.

·
Premium Member
10,436 Posts
Gun and Trophy, in my opinion.

Reactions: idustem

·
Perazzi MX10RS
1,823 Posts
Another Gun & Trophy customer here. Larry and Cole are great people! Their website has all the info and of you don't see an answer, email them. Excellent company!

·
K-80 TS or Seitz 1045
5,232 Posts
Larry can answer any questions you have. He is a great guy!

Reactions: idustem

·
Registered
899 Posts
Or, if f you are a USAA member, check out their VPP policy. Best coverage, reasonable pricing.
Denny K.

·
Registered
1,670 Posts
Another vote for Gun and Trophy insurance. Very reasonable premiums and great coverage taking in a wide range of scenarios. Give them a look.

·
Premium Member
327 Posts
You see a trend here...Gun and Trophy is outstanding in price and coverages. Also they are a pleasure to deal with and they do not have weird exclusions. Call them and be 100% satisfied.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
If you would like to discuss differences please feel free to give me a call @ 703-901-4899 or e-mail me @ [email protected].
I would very much like to discuss potential business dealings. I do want to ask if your policy is family friendly as I was just denied coverage by Collectibles Insurance because my daughter will be using two shotguns for her competitions and she is only 13. This is their response to me:

Unfortunately, we not be able to write a policy to cover a loss while your firearms would be in the custody and control of a minor child while being used in competitions or not...

If you have anymore questions, please let me know...

Best regards,

Kim Hindman
336-550-4814
[email protected]

The main reason I am seeking insurance is to cover our Sporting shotguns. Thank you for your time in reaching out to me and let me know if your company is the right fit for me.

·
Registered
52 Posts
I have SIAI, and I like that their coverage has a zero deductible & 100% coverage "AS LONG AS YOUR GUN IS STILL BEING MANUFACTURED (EXAMPLE, Krieghoff K80.
Check them out.
Best,
Breakemall
Western North Carolina

·
Premium Member
946 Posts
If you read the coverage and exclusions for SIAI (for example, gun loss at shooting event from vehicle with no forced entry) you will go with LARRY.
Most of us drive SUV's with hatch open when we are at match or Club. He covers losses,SIAI doesn't!
Larry also allows you to set a value on your shotgun- NOT current list price to calculate fee.
Larry is a straight-forward,ethical guy....a friend and Club Member.
Paul in Virginia

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
If you read the coverage and exclusions for SIAI (for example, gun loss at shooting event from vehicle with no forced entry) you will go with LARRY.
Most of us drive SUV's with hatch open when we are at match or Club. He covers losses,SIAI doesn't!
Larry also allows you to set a value on your shotgun- NOT current list price to calculate fee.
Larry is a straight-forward,ethical guy....a friend and Club Member.
Paul in Virginia

When I get my Beretta 694 back from the gun fitter I will contact Larry as this gun fitter will provide me additions for the shotguns which adds more to the value.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts