Trapshooters Forum banner

1 - 20 of 39 Posts

·
Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
So I'm looking for a good gun fitter around nj or if it's better to travel to someone that is really good who do you guys recommend. So I just bought a new guerini unsingle and I need a good gun fitter that will add a Gracoil with the L.O.P and will work with me to adjust the gun so it can fit me and shoot where my eye go's just like the gun I had before, or should I go with a custom stock made by a known stock maker

·
Registered
1,687 Posts
I spoke to Joe Goldberg a couple of times to meet with him. It never happened on my end ...give him a call he can help with what you need.

Jim

·
Registered
2,833 Posts
I would give Chris Vendel at CRV Custom Arms in Rochester, NY 585-730-8166 a call. He's a stock maker. Excellent workmanship at fair prices.

·
Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Now I was searching the Internet which is not good sometimes bUT I started to look at custom stocks what do you think about going that route I know it's expensive but is it worth doing it on a caesar guerini I was looking at something like what DeVault Industries with finger groves and made just for me

·
Premium Member
11,997 Posts
Joe Goldberg, is in southern NJ - great gun fitter.
Just so you know, he has had some health issues of late...

I'll look up his phone number and post later.

·
Registered
261 Posts
Joe has done a couple of very nice stocks for me. I have also heard that he might be having some health problems of late.
His cell # 609-231-6187
Cheers
Doc

·
Banned
1,526 Posts
No goldberg

Allems doesn't fit and the glove stocks aren't ideal. Every stock I have seen has the finger grooves going up and back, the hand doesn't work like that.

It's not a true custom stock when that's all they do.

·
Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Huntin'Fool are you saying the finger grooves are not good I seen stocks done by DeVault Industries and they look good to me and I heard good things about his stocks with the grooves

·
Banned
1,526 Posts
The finger groove stocks are good I use one myself. The Allem's stock just doesn't get cut the way it should. The grooves need to come straight back not up and back like theirs does

1 - 20 of 39 Posts