Trapshooters Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am looking at getting a new gun, but wondering about a blued finish compared to coin or similar finish.
What I am looking at is a Caesar guerini summit impact. The finish is blued with a clear coat, but I am worried about wearing the finish of quickly. My hands can wear a finish of in no time. I just don't want to buy a $5000 gun and have to refinish it in a year. Should I look for a coin or similar finish? The challenger impact has a coin finish, but is $1600 more?

Thanks for the imput.

·
Registered
3,060 Posts
What does Guerini say? They would have the most knowledge of what coating would work best for you. Give them a call and get the straight scoop.

Surfer

·
Registered
434 Posts
Friend purchased a Caesar and had a problem with the coin finish,that started to peel ! He finally got the dealer to send back to plant in Italy,but only after a very hard time convincing them that the gun should not have done this after 6 months. He did get it done ,but the experience made him very upset with the dealer and them trying to say he did something. He was without the gun for 8 months and 1 month after getting it back he sold it. Found out later there were some problems ,buy few ,but that didn't help him at the time nor the dealer not helping him !

·
Registered
7,947 Posts
If you insist on holding the gun by it's receiver, which some of us do, you'll pay for the finish wear eventually. It's simply a costly habit.

Compare to bluing, coil finish is a lot more durable. But it'll still show wear later, and it's more expensive to refinish than bluing.

I don't recommend this to expensive shotguns, but the most durable finish is Cerakote, 99% of the tactical competition shooters use this on their guns, and almost all major defense handgun and tactical shotgun manufactories use it on some of their models.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I will give them a call. I really don't know. All barrels at blued aren't they? Is it a different bluing or the same as the reciever? Do they rust , or is it the are not held much.

I do cleans my guns! Just in case you were wondering Lol. Just want a long lasting finish

1 - 5 of 5 Posts