Trapshooters Forum banner

Gun Engraving

2380 Views 14 Replies 11 Participants Last post by  madisonaflac
How many of you have had your shotguns engraved? Did you special order a “blank” receiver or embellish an existing gun?
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

· Registered
3,118 Posts
I had a field M-21 engraved by Guiseppe Forte, a Krieghoff 32 and a Baby Browning .25 done by Auggie Loprinzi, and a Browning .380 auto by Bill Mains. I also had a 29 ga Ruger done by Rex Pedersen.

All were done on existing receivers although I had the 21 completely hand polished before it went to the engraver.

Pat

· Registered
238 Posts
How many of you have had your shotguns engraved? Did you special order a “blank” receiver or embellish an existing gun?
You might find the following interesting. This is the website to Firearms Engravers Guild of America, Firearm Engravers Guild Home Page. It’s a listing of engravers around the country.
In the left column click The Engravers, then “Master Engravers” also “Regular Members”. You may get lucky and find one close to home and get all of your questions answered.

· Registered
Beretta 694
67 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
You might find the following interesting. This is the website to Firearms Engravers Guild of America, Firearm Engravers Guild Home Page. It’s a listing of engravers around the country.
In the left column click The Engravers, then “Master Engravers” also “Regular Members”. You may get lucky and find one close to home and get all of your questions answered.
That’s fantastic. Not looking to spend a fortune, just make it uniquely mine. I appreciate the information. Everyone on this site is incredibly helpful.

· Premium Member
3,588 Posts
My first gun to be engraved at my direction is in the process of being completed this month. I purchased a plain receiver- a model Winchester Model Super X 1 to be the basis for the process. I’m looking forward to seeing the finished product.

· Premium Member
3,588 Posts
I don’t know if you would truly refer to this as engraving, but here is what I had done to my Krieghoff San Remo. Basically Bill Mains converted all the already engraved animals/birds to gold plus some engraving enhancements to the barrel band, trigger guard, and top latch.

Pen Office supplies Writing implement Cosmetics Lipstick
Pen Office supplies Writing implement Cosmetics Lipstick
Wood Rectangle Font Material property Knife
Rectangle Font Material property Tints and shades Emblem
Horse Motor vehicle Rectangle Automotive design Font
Automotive lighting Rectangle Automotive exterior Font Bumper

Attachments

· Registered
609 Posts
I had Bill Mains do some of my K-80 Hangers with gold broken targets as well as the top lever on my Beretta 682 gold. He was one of the best.

I just picked up a K-20 Gold SS engraved by Katherine Nonn. She does amazing work. Here is the top latch from it:

· Registered
64 Posts
For years I thought there was no point to engraving, a gun is a tool. Than one day a friend showed up to the trap field with the most beautiful engraved K-80 with gold everywhere. He told me how much it cost. I told him for that much money he could have bought a Picasso painting. Than I realized that you can hang both on the wall and admire each for its beauty, but you cant shoot a Picasso.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.