Trapshooters Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

Gun control. Wait till you read this, you Vets

5K views 24 replies 23 participants last post by  MilCon 
#1 ·
The Obladder administration are proposing new legistslation that any veterian comming home from war that may have any type of mental disorder of any kind of stress deemed by the VA doctors that Veterian will have his 2nd admendment taken away. In short he cannot own any kind of a firearm.
Well let me make it clear to any son- of a bitch that if this country needs my ass to go fight for freedom then have parts of it taken away the The good ole US of A can kiss my burned up ass.

We let a damn government pull the wool over our eyes with fradulant voting machines and fradulant voters. Everyone knows that was the course this administration took. Democrats and Republicans alike . And yet all we need to do is say its Bushes fault and everything is cool. I can't believe how stupid people can get. Geeeeesss. Wild Bill

#7 ·
Every time I get a checkup at DVA, they ALWAYS ask if I have nightmares, bad memories of past events, or thoughts of hurting myself or others.

Fortunately, I do not have nightmares, or bad memories of past events (three marriages do not count LOL), and I do not wish to hurt myself or others.

Hurting myself would HURT. As far as buttholes who have screwed me over? I will let GOD handle that. A fellow who ripped me off and threw me under the bus a while back SHOT A FINGER OFF while teaching a handgun class. Kind of shot his credibility (pun INTENDED)

One is often their own worst enemy.

#10 ·
Just look up this bulls**t about the Homeland Security graduating a class of 18 to 24 yr. olds for the start of a govt controled homeland force. After reading of the ammo purchased in the name of Homeland Security I start to question just why do we need this Homeland fighting force. We have a standing military. Or do the leaders feel the military wouldn't follow their orders to fire upon their own citizens at a time of unrest. If ever it comes to another civil war, I believe the military would side with the citizenry instead of the leadership of this country. I love my country, I fear my government!

Big Jack

#14 ·
"Just look up this bulls**t about the Homeland Security graduating a class of 18 to 24 yr. olds for the start of a govt controled homeland force. After reading of the ammo purchased in the name of Homeland Security I start to question just why do we need this Homeland fighting force. We have a standing military. Or do the leaders feel the military wouldn't follow their orders to fire upon their own citizens at a time of unrest. If ever it comes to another civil war, I believe the military would side with the citizenry instead of the leadership of this country. I love my country, I fear my government!"

Big Jack

Big Jack,

The concerns you bring up in your post pretty much coincide with concerns that were raised when Congress gave powers to the President in the Patriot Act.

Not questioning, nor do I care how you feel about that. I'm just sayin'

Tim

#17 ·
So I guess they will go back a look at the records of all us Vietnam Era vets, and take our weapons away also? No one ever heard of PTSD back then, just Agent Orange.

#19 ·
This thread is another example of a person that doesnt have a clue spreading BS

There is no "new" law mandating this-

There are laws on the book about duties of mental health professionals and there are requirements existing to deny gun purchases

So there are elements of minor truth in this thread but the thread in general is pure BS- with bandwidth being wasted

Now - how many of you got out and voted or got out and actually worked for a political party as a volunteer?

Quit BSing and become productive in supporting what you believe

Regards from Iowa

Gene

#21 ·
Kind of a double edge bad deal and it doesn't just apply to military vetrans.

There are already enough stigmas out there when it comes to mental illness now we have even more reasons why a person would avoid getting help or even talking about possible mental health problems.

#22 ·
If someone is STUPID enough to tell a health care professional that they have nightmares about military service, dwell on things they had to do there, and want to hurt themselves or others, they do not need to have a kitchen knife, let alone a firearm.

If you resemble these remarks, get help.

Gene is right, nothing new here.

#23 ·
A friend who was stationed at the Jag School here saw a memo that had one question and the % of answers.

The question to the military officers was "IF THE PRE OF THE USA ORDERED YOU TO FIRE OPEN THE CITIZENS OF THE USA IN ORDER TO DISARM THEM WOULD YOU DO SO?" 80% said NO, but there were 20% that said YES. That was in the early 80's. I just wonder what it just might be today.

The problem is with the military are they willing to forget their oath to protect the Constitution and the Bill of Rights of the USA? and its people of this country? That to me is the scary part. I just hope enough of them side with us and not a rouge Pre.

All of you might not know it but Clinton in his 8 years had around 225 executive orders. Bush in his 8 year had 350 +- executive orders. Obama had near 1300 in his 3 1/2 years in office. That to me is a problem.

#24 ·
"Obama had near 1300 in his 3 1/2 years in office."

Might want to look into that. As of December 7, 2012, 143 rings a bell, but I would rather you see it for yourself. I realize it is the 12th, but that would be allot of executive orders written in 5 days. LOL. Just do not want the rhetoric to spread, like that of this thread, which should be in the political section.

#25 ·
For those who do not or will not wake up, search the first line below on Google.

S. 1707, Veterans Second Amendment Protection Act

As ordered reported by the Senate Committee on Veterans’ Affairs
on September 12, 2012

S. 1707 would modify an existing requirement that certain individuals determined to be mentally incompetent by the Department of Veterans Affairs (VA) be prohibited from purchasing or possessing legal firearms. CBO expects that implementing S. 1707 would have no significant budgetary impact.

When VA deems individuals to be mentally incapacitated, mentally incompetent, experiencing an extended loss of consciousness, or otherwise unable to manage their own affairs, it is required to provide that information to the Department of Justice (DOJ). Such individuals are then added to the list of those prohibited from purchasing or possessing firearms. Under S. 1707, veterans would have to be determined by judicial authority to be dangerous before VA would be required to report them to DOJ, thus slightly reducing the administrative burden on VA.

Enacting S. 1707 would not affect direct spending or revenues; therefore, pay-as-you-go procedures do not apply.

S. 1707 contains no intergovernmental or private-sector mandates as defined in the Unfunded Mandates Reform Act and would not affect the budgets of state, local, or tribal governments.

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.