Trapshooters Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Banned
3,913 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone have experience loading Remington Gun Club hulls in a PW 375? It seems their steel bases would make for hard resizing, and even harder ejection from the full length die.

How about experience in other PWs? Hard sizing and hard ejection?

·
Registered
3,621 Posts
I used to just wipe GCs with a slightly oily rag, could do a couple hundred watching Jeopardy but that still seemed a little hard on the machine so I got one of those Mec collet resizers, really like it and much easier on the reloader. Doesn't take very long and they go through my loader very smoothly and just drop right into the chamber like new shells. Ross Puls

·
Registered
4,992 Posts
Gun Clubs are all I load in my PW375 and PW900. The presses are firmly anchored to the table, and the lever is long enough that I have lots of leverage to resize and also seat non-Remington primers. Maybe I don't realize how hard I am working, but I haven't had any problems with stuck shells. Mark

·
Registered
12,397 Posts
I've had some issues with some green gun clubs.

On looking at them, I have decided that someone has a over sized chamber.

Once fired range pickups.

The base has a flare "out" to them and they get crunched trying to get them in the sizing die.

Sorted them out and no problems since.

·
Registered
69 Posts
Ross has the right idea. Get yourself a Mec Super-Sizer and run your cases through it before reloading. I don't even have to lub the case heads. I have had the same problem with the PW-375. The Super-Sizer eliminates the problem.

·
Registered
1,641 Posts
Up for the super-sizer. A quick fix plus you get the bonus of inspecting and sorting cases while your operating it. The problem is magnified on progressive ponsness machines.

Robert

·
Registered
1,681 Posts
I just bought a super sizer in response to the same problem. Gun Clubs run through my PW 800+ like grease!! Problem solved

John

·
Registered
800 Posts
To make the Super Sizer even better, put a longer handle on it. Not near as much effort. I run everything throught the Super Sizer, even before I load on a Spolar. The shells just fall out when finished. Like the loaders are hardly working.

There are/were two Super Sizers on Ebay about 2 hours ago.

Tomas

1 - 9 of 9 Posts