Trapshooters Forum banner

Gun clubs Palm beach area

1557 9
Ok guys a little help from all you shooters in Florida. The palm beach area. Daughter just come up with a plan. Which of course involves mom and dad. What a kid. She a good one! She would like to take a transfer from her work in Milwaukee to the branch in west palm beach. And she would like us to purchase property down there. She would pay rent for the use of the property and we would have a place to go when winter hits in Wisconsin. Now I can find all the golf courses my heart desires. What about gun clubs, trap ranges!!! I hope this thread belongs here? Otherwise I’m in trouble.
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

· Registered
1,565 Posts
As of three months ago, neither the skeet, trap or sporting clays fields have opened yet. I wasn't even able to get an answer when these fields might be operational. Only rifle is open. This facility has been under construction for well over five years with no end in site. It will be a nice facility if and when it ever gets fully completed! Contact Lynne Hawk at [email protected] at the Florida Fish and Wildlife Conservation Commission for the latest information on this shooting facility. Good luck and stay well ----

· Registered
618 Posts
Ok guys a little help from all you shooters in Florida. The palm beach area. Daughter just come up with a plan. Which of course involves mom and dad. What a kid. She a good one! She would like to take a transfer from her work in Milwaukee to the branch in west palm beach. And she would like us to purchase property down there. She would pay rent for the use of the property and we would have a place to go when winter hits in Wisconsin. Now I can find all the golf courses my heart desires. What about gun clubs, trap ranges!!! I hope this thread belongs here? Otherwise I’m in trouble.
Vero Beach has a county shooting facility on cr510 west of rt1..have been past it lots of times but never checked it out..believe it's rifle & trap..might be worth a look..hour or less from palm beach

· Registered
13,498 Posts
Well the closest open club should be Markham Park in Fort Lauderdale, Fl. They are a county owned park and you should be able to google them and get all the info you need. They are currently only open 2 days a week. Since the park is a huge covid distribution center at this time.
The closest shooting club is South Florida Shooting Club. Its a private 2 grand a year membership club. So I doubt you want to shoot there. They have no Trap or Skeet following at all. Its all Sporting Clays. 4 different courses open.
Then you have OK Corral and Vero Beach Shooting sports. There both about the same distance from WPB. Once again there is almost no Trap or Skeet at these clubs. Its all 5 stand and Sporting clays. Markham Park has the largest Trap following in the area at this time.
We still have no word on when the new shooting club in WPB will open. The rifle and pistol section is open by appointment only because of covid. They may have dropped the appointment part??? Word on the street has it that, all 5 bunker traps that were built there. Had there roof built too low. All 5 bunker trap houses have to have the whole concrete roof cut out and replaced. Not sure who's fault this is? But rumor has it that they will not be throwing any clay targets there until all 5 roofs have been fixed!!! The road to the park is primitive to say the least. You need a Pick-up truck just to get into the club as it is now. The summer rains will flood the current road as well. Making it extremely difficult to get to it. I've been out there. They have a very nice new clubhouse. 9 new skeet fields. 5 bunker trap fields and like 5 trap fields. A 5 stand set-up and a 14-15 station Sporting Clay course too. So this place will have everything. They will even have when complete a 300 yard rifle range. With a special digital camera to watch your hits downrange. So there is no reason to have to go downrange and place new targets. Its all done with camera's. So the range stays hot at all times. No down time as it were. So its going high-tech as well. Hope this helps you out. break em all Jeff

· Registered
184 Posts
Well the closest open club should be Markham Park in Fort Lauderdale, Fl. They are a county owned park and you should be able to google them and get all the info you need. They are currently only open 2 days a week. Since the park is a huge covid distribution center at this time.
The closest shooting club is South Florida Shooting Club. Its a private 2 grand a year membership club. So I doubt you want to shoot there. They have no Trap or Skeet following at all. Its all Sporting Clays. 4 different courses open.
Then you have OK Corral and Vero Beach Shooting sports. There both about the same distance from WPB. Once again there is almost no Trap or Skeet at these clubs. Its all 5 stand and Sporting clays. Markham Park has the largest Trap following in the area at this time.
We still have no word on when the new shooting club in WPB will open. The rifle and pistol section is open by appointment only because of covid. They may have dropped the appointment part??? Word on the street has it that, all 5 bunker traps that were built there. Had there roof built too low. All 5 bunker trap houses have to have the whole concrete roof cut out and replaced. Not sure who's fault this is? But rumor has it that they will not be throwing any clay targets there until all 5 roofs have been fixed!!! The road to the park is primitive to say the least. You need a Pick-up truck just to get into the club as it is now. The summer rains will flood the current road as well. Making it extremely difficult to get to it. I've been out there. They have a very nice new clubhouse. 9 new skeet fields. 5 bunker trap fields and like 5 trap fields. A 5 stand set-up and a 14-15 station Sporting Clay course too. So this place will have everything. They will even have when complete a 300 yard rifle range. With a special digital camera to watch your hits downrange. So there is no reason to have to go downrange and place new targets. Its all done with camera's. So the range stays hot at all times. No down time as it were. So its going high-tech as well. Hope this helps you out. break em all Jeff
South Florida Shooting Club is open to the public once a month for ATA targets,a following is present on the ATA Saturday.Targets are tough heeps of wind during the winter, field faces North,well run program,very nice facility A+.Posted by a non member.

· Registered
13,498 Posts
South Florida Shooting Club is open to the public once a month for ATA targets,
Its also open to NSSA and NSCA shooters once a month as well. Other than that. You must be a invited guest of a member to shoot there. They used to have a Annie/Miss and Out type shoot on Wednesday evenings there. You did not need to be a member for this 6:00 pm evening shoot. They cranked the machines down and raised them to the max. We would get 100 yard shots there on the 4th shot when enough shooters missed!!! It was a blast. The club now has enough members and income now to stay in the black. So they don't need the added income from this shoot anymore. So they no longer offer it.

Do the clubs still require a suit, tie and Panama hat?
No that is no longer needed!!!! Now its all just Designer Name Labels on all your clothing!!! We will not even go into the vehicle you need to pull into the parking lot with. Or, shotgun you need to be seen with. break em all jeff

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.