Trapshooters Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
493 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My son just moved to the Durham area... was wondering what gun clubs are in the area when I go to visit him.... whether or not to take my gun with me

·
Registered
5,696 Posts
You're in luck. Durham County Wildlife Club, trap, skeet, and five stand. Buckhorn gun club, trap. Both 20 minutes from Durham.

·
Premium Member
993 Posts
Durham is private, but NORMALLY has hours on weekends for non-members.
Unfortunately, members only during the Virus crisis.
A VERY nice place to shoot. My brother is a Member and I have shot there a lot.
Paul in Virginia

·
Registered
5,696 Posts
Buckhorn is public. Was open Wednesday, Saturday, and Sunday. Don't know if that's changed with COVID-19.Very good place to shoot. Shells are available. They use ERAD voice releases. Inexpensive memberships are available.

·
Registered
119 Posts
You're in luck. Durham County Wildlife Club, trap, skeet, and five stand. Buckhorn gun club, trap. Both 20 minutes from Durham.
I'm a member. I'm about 99% sure that 'walk in' guests can shoot skeet (on one specific field). I don't think they can shoot 5 stand or trap. But, once you get there maybe you'll make friends with a member and they will let you shoot with them.

As someone mentioned, during the virus stuff the club is not allowing guests on the property. Also, the 5 stand is currently closed - doing some drainage repairs. Not sure when it will be done.

That said, send me an email if you're going to be in town. If my schedule allows (and the club is open) I'll be happy to host you and your son.

·
Registered
493 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I'm a member. I'm about 99% sure that 'walk in' guests can shoot skeet (on one specific field). I don't think they can shoot 5 stand or trap. But, once you get there maybe you'll make friends with a member and they will let you shoot with them.

As someone mentioned, during the virus stuff the club is not allowing guests on the property. Also, the 5 stand is currently closed - doing some drainage repairs. Not sure when it will be done.

That said, send me an email if you're going to be in town. If my schedule allows (and the club is open) I'll be happy to host you and your son.
Thank you..... sent you a pm

·
Registered
5,696 Posts
I haven't been a member for a few years since I moved out of the area, but as I recall it's only five stand that's not open to guests. Trap should be no problem.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts