Trapshooters Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
562 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Looks like my son is headed to Fort Polk anybody know of any gun clubs in this area? thanks Paul Baker

·
Registered
10,302 Posts
When I was there, a round of Skeet, box of shells, AND the use of a Rem 1100 was $5 a round. Oh, and an E-6 for a puller. LOL

That was several years ago.

·
Registered
747 Posts
Oh yeah Shooting Coach I remember those days except it was the Rod and Gun Club at Ft Hood, but we pulled for ourselves and it was more like 30 years ago. Then you could go back inside the Air Conditioned clubhouse and get a huge bowl of Texas Red made by a retired E9 AND a pitcher of Coors so cold it was dripping sweat for another 3-4 bucks. You know it's funny at this club everybody, Officers and Enlisted got along fine but being a MP I had opportunity to be in the "other" clubs on base where the patrons looked down their nose at us.

Ewww Ft Polk, ala Little VietNam, both my brothers went thru Basic there in the 60's, they said it was bad but better than Leonard Wood.

·
Registered
6,785 Posts
I was at Ft.Polk when I got my official discharge papers in 1959............Damn.........there's been a lot of water under the bridge since then.........

I wonder if Vi still lives there..........lol lol

Ah............memory's.............

Hauxfan!

·
Registered
562 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks for the info and replies. I'll let him know when I talk to him. How about the surrounding areas off base for trap clubs? Paul

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.