Trapshooters Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
338 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm in Anaheim for a trade show for the week and I might have some time to kill Fri,Sat,and Sunday. Are there any good clubs to go shoot a couple rounds of trap that would have guns to rent and shells to buy? Thanks

·
Registered
3,060 Posts
Your closest is Prado trap & Skeet in Chino, the '84 Olympic venue about 25 mi From Anaheim Convention center, nice venue slow targets also has 5 stand. The other is Triple B in El Monte about 30 mile, very nice facility decent trap targets also has bunker 5 stand and a super sporting clays course As mentioned Redlands Shooting park in Redlands 60 + miles , throws the best regulation targets. also bunker, skeet and sporting clays. All of these have web sights for particulars.

Stop at Walmart for shells or you be paying $10.00 for a box of cheapie shells, a Round of trap is $8.00 to $9:00 All of them rent guns mostly low end pumps.

Surfer

·
Registered
3,060 Posts
Sure, they can't regulate where you buy your shells but they can and do regulate dram equivalent/speed and shot size. Redlands has a shot screen and will charge a shooter $700.00 the price of a screen panel if you shoot larger than the maximum allowable loads as loads beyond standard trap loads will burn a hole in the screen, check their web sight, it's spelled out.

You may have to check a couple of Walmarts to find low cost shells.

Surfer

·
Registered
338 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Ok thanks guys I'll call around throughout the week and see what they have and then see what I have for time at the end of the week

·
Registered
5,696 Posts
Your best bet is Triple B in South El Monte. They sell guns and you have the best bet to get a good rental gun. They have a little snack shop on the premises, and generally more activity than Prado. Also, they have nice sporting clays course.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts