Trapshooters Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Banned
1,598 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
We are a small club 5 traps and are looking to add 5 stand. We have some $ for this but not enough. We are thinking of doing the fund raiser to achieve goal and then moving forward. What have you guys done to raise money for new eqpt? Do you approach memberships for donations? do fish frys? raffles? whats the best approach?

·
Registered
1,822 Posts
Himark'
Here is what we did to expand a 2 trap club to 4 traps. Figured out what the cement, rebar, voice releases and Pat Traps cost. Did an NRA grant for the two pats and voice releases, and on the cement/rebar we had members of the community donate $1500 per lane so we had $7500 per trap pad to pour cement. And on each lane we had the donators name cut into a 6" x 10" granite and set it into the cement in front of the 16 yd line. In order to get a foot in on an NRA just help your local Friends of the NRA chapter and help them with the Banquet and you stand a very good chance of landing a grant. We built a very nice trap viewing shed between the 2 new traps and the Lions Club donated $2000 for that, but we help them every June with the Rodeo. So you see, if you have a club that works well with other organizations it really ups your chances of money. Scott

·
Premium Member
3,073 Posts
Our pistol division has several raffles per year. How about a shotgun raffle?

·
Registered
465 Posts
I always liked the Gun a Month raffle as long as they were decent guns. You don't mind shelling out $50 if you get 12 chances to win. You need to sell about 500 tickets to double your money at $1000 per gun.

Todd / Illinois

·
Registered
1,260 Posts
I'm with Martin. A gun raffle is usually the easiest and very popular, especially if you offer a cash option in place of guns or ammo. I bought a ticket on a Glock-a-Day for 30 days raffle and would do it again even though I didn't win. Larry

·
Registered
73 Posts
We run gun tickets every month. We give 3 guns away every month. $3 per ticket, 5 numbers per ticket, 200 tickets per gun. Drae ing last Saturday of month. Works good for our club. Usually make about $200 profit per gun. We have 3 traps, along with indoor/outdoor archery and a rifle/pistol range. About 400 members annually. Membership cost are 10-15-20 per year. Dad part is only 10-15 show up to work!!

·
Registered
923 Posts
Every situation is different. When I sat on the board of directors at the San Antonio Gun Club, there was a lawyer on the board. He explained one time that he could spend five hours painting or he could spend five hours in his office and make enough to fund a large donation to the club. How this is perceived by the membership is the problem. Some will say getting all that money is great and others will say "He just thinks he's too good to do manual labor with us". Sometimes donors want recognition and sometimes they prefer to remain anonymous. There are no easy answers but you have to ask the right questions. IMHO Ron

1 - 8 of 8 Posts