Trapshooters Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just got a mx8 its had two boxes of shells fired through it.It was used as a backup gun, and the guy has not shot it for the past three years. I would like to know , whats recommended after shooting two or three rounds of trap, What would be step by step proced. Thanks for your help!! Ben

·
Banned
504 Posts
when its cold out make sure you let it warm back up to room temp then wipe it down with a oily rag and runs bore snake or swab with oil down the bore. Winter is the worst time they condensate like a Bi&%H.

·
Registered
3,064 Posts
"Leave it in the case until room temperature, stops condensation"

Never heard that before. I'll give it a try.

BTW - I wipe down the outside. Unless it has been in the rain, I do nothing else. So far, so good.

·
Registered
1,760 Posts
I use a RIG pad (sheepskin pad) Treated with RIG. After I get done shooting I do a good wipedown all over the broken down gun (stock and forearm included)and pull a bore snake with CLP through the bores. When I get home I open the cases and set the guns on the shelf. The next day I do a good cleaning (make sure to get off all the old grease), punch the bore with CLP until clean patches appear and wipe down again with the RIG pad. I don't reapply grease or oil until I get ready to shoot the next time.

--- Chip King ---

·
Registered
982 Posts
Nothing different about that gun. "Shoot zeee gun, you clean zeee gun". Run a bore snake once or twice to get the barrel(s) mirror bright, then a wooley bugger sprayed with lube. Clean all parts, then a thin film of grease on all contact points. Reassemble,go over the exterior with a Rem-Lube wipe. Quick and easy, the key is to do it every time often. If I shoot the gun Saturday and/or Sunday, cleaning it is part of Sunday afternoon.

Pete

·
Registered
3,039 Posts
I believe that condensation is actually more likely to form on guns in the July/August timeframe than in the winter. JMO.

Jon Reitz

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.