Trapshooters Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
1,681 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I need a 3-wheeled gun cart. I have a 3-wheeled baby's jogging stroller that I ought to be able to convert into a gun cart. Has anyone tried this. Any plans out there or commercial outfits that have some kind of conversion kit?

Thanks for any help

John

·
Registered
21,600 Posts
I converted a baby jogging stroller/cart to a gun cart. I bought the gun racks from Rugged Gear who actually make the 3 wheeled gun carts. I made the muzzle end rack out of some junk from hoarding pile. :)
grntitan_2009_2503325.jpg

·
Registered
497 Posts
grntitan thats a great looking cart. im getting ready to build one. what did you use for the bottom shelf. thanks rich.

·
Registered
21,600 Posts
I've actually modified it further from this picture as I discovered minor issues. I'd post new pics but we currently have a foot of snow on the ground. I removed the net shelf underneath because it made it difficult to push in taller grass. The barrel end is actually the foot shelf for the stroller. I literally just used some junk to make a couple cups with soft rubber plumbing boots to protect the barrels as the cart bounces on bumps. I've had a few guys make fun of it and call me a tight ass with a baby stroller but overall shooters were intriqued and want to make their own. I could have called Rugged Gear and bought a cart but I like taking the more difficult route. The satisfaction is when the thing works as good as the store bought ones at a fraction of the price. I already had the stroller from my youngest son. Besides buying the Rugged Gear Velcro strap gun mounts, the thing was free.

·
Registered
2,004 Posts
grntitan, that's a great looking cart. Nice work you put into it. Very sharp. The muzzle holders are sweet looking. The wife and kids got me a Rugged Gear 3 gun cart a couple of years ago. Very functional and makes life a lot easier. They are a great shooting tool. They seemed a bit fem at first until I saw a lot of guys using them. I wasn't about to use that term around any of them. So I jumped on the band wagon. My shooting buddies are glad I have it also.

·
Registered
16,616 Posts
ATV handlebar gun racks for the stocks, and a couple of can cozies inside cut off 1 lb round powder bottles on the foot rest for the barrel.

Got one going, didn't get back to finish. should take about a half hour.

HM

·
Registered
2,004 Posts
I like the reflectors in the rear wheel spokes. You never know when the guys with the ATV's and golf carts get cranked up and start chasing each other around on the course. May help from getting you run over. LOL. Great cart, good luck with it.

·
Registered
6,253 Posts
I did it with a 3 wheel jogging stroller. I bought the gun rest for the stock from: Rugged Gear, made the barrel rest out of 1x2 and styrafoam. You mad need to by some flat stock pieces to extend the the reach of the stock mtd. It works well nad easy to build.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.