Trapshooters Forum banner
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

· Registered
338 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just wanted to let you guys know about my experience with gun and trophy insurance
During preliminary week of the grand on Friday my mx10 was thrown out of my side by side accidentally upon inspection I noticed that my stock was broken behind reciever and forearm was also damaged this is a Turkish walnut stock made by wenig ( one of a kind) took stock to wenig Bobby chambers said that they could not fix it so next step call cole Cushman with gun and trophy he said get estimates on full replacement cost so back to wenig for estimate turned in estimate recieved check today for full replacement cost minus deductible excellent customer service thanks again to Cole Cushman at gun and trophy

· Registered
218 Posts
Just wanted to let you guys know about my experience with gun and trophy insurance
During preliminary week of the grand on Friday my mx10 was thrown out of my side by side accidentally upon inspection I noticed that my stock was broken behind reciever and forearm was also damaged this is a Turkish walnut stock made by wenig ( one of a kind) took stock to wenig Bobby chambers said that they could not fix it so next step call cole Cushman with gun and trophy he said get estimates on full replacement cost so back to wenig for estimate turned in estimate recieved check today for full replacement cost minus deductible excellent customer service thanks again to Cole Cushman at gun and trophy
Thanks for posting this. Everything I read about gun and trophy pointed to a class operation but couldn't find anyone who had to file a claim to get their perspective (asked on a previous post). Sorry to hear about your stock but glad the insurance was as represented and claim was settled quickly and fairly. I will be making the call to insure my collection..............

· Registered
13,542 Posts
I signed up with G&T insurance over 2 years ago now. I too sighed up after a member of TS.com made a claim. He too had zero problems collecting his insured value. Lucky for me I have never had to make a claim. I even got my shooting buddy to insure his guns from Larry at G&T ins. as well this past week. Now the both of us have piece of mind knowing were covered no matter what happens, or where we are!!! Even if I ship my firearm to anyone, or anywhere!!! Not having to pay extra for shipping insurance at the post office, greatly helps off-set the yearly cost of my Piece of Mind as well. Only you can decide if insurance is for you? Good Luck on your Journey!!! break em all Jeff

· Premium Member
30,370 Posts
So if somehow you break a peace of your stock off the insurance insures piece of mind about the repair.

I think I got it.

· Vendor
1,508 Posts
So if somehow you break a peace of your stock off the insurance insures piece of mind about the repair.

I think I got it.
Not necessarily. We don’t cover “cosmetic losses. Scratching, marring, chipping, denting, cracking, rust, pitting, inherent vice. If stock is broken and can’t be fixed we will buy a new stock. Possible exception (firing of a gun).

· Registered
338 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
This was not only cosmetic it is cracked behind reciever wenig said they could not fix it I trust there judgment they are the professionals I looked at other options to no avail so I purchased a new stock from wenig glad I had gun and trophy great folks the adjuster I dealt with was first class cole and Larry have my business for as far as I can see insurance is no good until you need it

· Premium Member
432 Posts
I met Larry at one of the trap shoots at Bridgeport, NY several years ago. Shot on a Singles squad with him and shared the shade of his truck awning......... A class act.

I insure my guns with him. Fortunately I've never had to file a claim.

Spoke to him last week at the Cardinal Center.

A gentleman and a trap shooter..............

Ric C.

· Registered
67 Posts
My wife is looking at insuring some of her photography equipment so she went to our insurance agent. The way it sounds to me, all items must be documented to a T before the insurance company will actually verify ownership and make any attempt at covering replacement cost. The lady recommended on my guns to photograph, serial ID, purchase date (if known) and print all documents and keep them in another location in case of fire, theft, etc.
Sounds like a hassle but I have no reason to believe that it wouldn’t be more than difficult to get paid from the insurance company…..

· Registered
293 Posts
As my collection has grown I made the decision 4 or 5 years ago to insure the guns. Couldn’t be happier with what I’ve been paying G&T for coverage. Have not had a claim but Larry and Cole have been great to work with. Highly recommend anyone looking for this type of insurance to contact them.

· Vendor
1,508 Posts
My wife is looking at insuring some of her photography equipment so she went to our insurance agent. The way it sounds to me, all items must be documented to a T before the insurance company will actually verify ownership and make any attempt at covering replacement cost. The lady recommended on my guns to photograph, serial ID, purchase date (if known) and print all documents and keep them in another location in case of fire, theft, etc.
Sounds like a hassle but I have no reason to believe that it wouldn’t be more than difficult to get paid from the insurance company…..
We recommend precisely the same thing at Gun & Trophy Insurance. While we can write coverage under the blanket unscheduled portion of policy without specific details on individual guns, we do in fact need said details/specifications at time of loss. We require detailed descriptions for scheduled guns including serial numbers to write policy.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.