Trapshooters Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1,051 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Bought one for my Perazzi and it seemed wonderful the first couple of hundred rounds I fired. Have had it for about two weeks but it rained most of last week so I did not get to use it last week. Today I went out for a round and after about 80 shots I pulled the trigger to set the release and BANG. At first I thought it must have been me so I reloaded and pulled the trigger and it went off again. Total rounds fired with the trigger are about 300. I went to an empty field and it fired six in a row OK but seemed really light on the release. When I got home and put in a snap cap sometimes the set worked and sometimes it did not. The State match starts tomorrow, good thing I have my original pull trigger.

·
Registered
1,051 Posts
Discussion Starter #5 (Edited)
Thanks guys. I am 100% sure Giacomo would stand behind the product, but did not want to wait two weeks or more to get it back. Never thought of Don Rackley, thanks for the note Don. I wanted to shoot the gun in the State shoot that started this morning. So yesterday after I got home I took out the trigger so see what was wrong. Long story short the trigger never seemed to be right from when I put it in. BUT it worked so I figured it was operating as intended. Well, my original thoughts were correct. The trigger was dramatically out of time. The hook had so much play in it that sometimes it barely made contact with the hammer. The hook has a screw in it and this was lock tighted in place so I did not mess with it when I first installed the trigger. It is very small and takes a .035 Allen wrench, which would break if much pressure was put on it. I put a tiny bit of heat on the screw, loosened it and cleaned off the lock tite. The Perazzi/Guiliani trigger housing has a hole so you can see the sear/hammer engagement. I started moving the screw in the hook until I got a clean break on the sear and maximum engagement of the hook on the hammer. I re-locktited it in place and took it out this morning. It worked flawlessly.

DSC_0149 (1).jpeg
DSC_0152 (1).jpeg
DSC_0149 (1).jpeg

1 - 5 of 5 Posts