Trapshooters Forum banner

1 - 20 of 40 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am considering purchasing a new Guerrini Summit Trap Unsingle. I have shot one along with a K-80 and a Perrazi, neither of which I liked as well as The Summit. Anyone have any experince with the Summit? Or are there any other recommendations for guns around the same price I should consider? Thanks for your input.

·
Registered
390 Posts
I have been shooting a Summit for the last 3 or4 years and have been very happy with it,comfortable to shoot,great handling,excellent triggers,very good chokes and has stayed tight thru 30 or 40 thousand rounds. Win often enough with it that I have no desire for another gun and you know how trap shooters love to switch guns.

JohnR

·
Registered
518 Posts
I shot the same guns as you and more. I brought the CG Summit and put a Precision Fit Stock on it. I am very happy with both. I did change the CG to extract from eject, it was easy.

·
Registered
6,210 Posts
Never shot the unsingle but I do have the topsingle. It is the best Trap gun I have ever owned!!! And I`ve been shooting Trap since 1970.
And they have a lifetime warranty.

·
Registered
2,343 Posts
I maybe the only naysayer here but avoid the CG. I have my reasons but can not voice them on this forum but you will be better off in the long run with a Perazzi

T

·
Registered
80 Posts
I couldn't shoot the unsingle with consistency but loved the feel of the gun. After shooting it for more than a year I traded it in on top single and have made the 27 yard line from the 21 in the first year with it. I couldn't be more pleased with it. I took it in to the CG guys while at the grand for a pit stop and it cost nothing. Awesome gun for the money!

·
Registered
1,680 Posts
I love my Summit Combo! There are usually some smokin' deals on used ones. I would look around for a mint condition used gun.

·
Registered
9,982 Posts
Have a Maxum that's just a Summit in a tuxedo...love it..especially the O/U barrels that have made me love high ribs for sporting clays..very fast crisp triggers and a rock solid gun

·
Registered
1,478 Posts
I have a Guerini Summit trap combo. It is now 5 years old. 40K+ shoot down the tubes and ZERO problem. No need to get another gun.

·
Registered
8,533 Posts
Both will offer what will work, but, saying "I shot the Perazzi and didn't like it" would tell me you shouldn't like the G gun either

Perazzi has what, 15 or 20 variations? How many did you try?

I'd rather sample 10 used p guns before I'd buy a new G gun..

·
Registered
6,210 Posts
Jaqua`s just got a used CG Summit Impact yesterday in Mint condition. We looked at it. $3795 on there web site. Good deal!!! And Buffalo Trading Co. In Findlay Ohio has a Mint combo for $5150 too. Its an unsingle.

·
Registered
636 Posts
At the 2010 CA State Shoot I was going to get a MX2000RS. Talked to Lucio about for over 2 hours. He had a loaner so I shoot the Un-Single on the practice trap. Broke a 21, not to bad considering I had never shot it before.
After a couple of hours of mulling this around, ran into an old friend that had a Summit Un-Single. Took it to the practice trap and ran 24, dropped the last bird.
They were both setup about the same and the length of pull was identical. The CG did feel differently to me. Perazzi seemed a little more harsh when shooting. Shot Estates, 2 3/4 dram in both.
So a long story short, the MX2000RS was about 10 months out. I could get a CG Maxum Combo in 3 weeks. Went with the CG and saved almost half the money.
Will my CG hold up as well, I can't answer that at this point. I have well over 30,000 rounds through it, and not a problem one. Sent it in for one Pit Stop and had a barrel selector put in.
A lot of us here in Central California have CG's, none of us have had any problems. My friends that have P guns also haven't had any problems other then a trigger spring in a few. History will tell us that Perazzi is a great shooting machine, CG hasn't been around long enough yet.
By the way, at that time I had enough money for the Perazzi, so money wasn't in the equation. I just felt that the CG would work better for me.
Mike C.

·
Registered
1,981 Posts
I think Mike C. has it right Guerini's are well made with good customer service,if a Guerini fits you and shoots where you point it buy it and use the left over money to buy shells to put thru it.Jerry

·
Registered
366 Posts
I don't think there's anything wrong with Guerinis, everyone that shoots them seems to be very happy with their choice. With that said, I shot the CG and the Blaser back to back and found the two I shot to handle similarly. You might want to get some trigger time in on a Blaser in particular if you liked the CG.

My advice to anyone serious enough about a trap combo purchase to test drive Perazzi's and Krieghoff's is to get behind the following guns before they buy anything (in no particular order):

Krieghoff
Kolar
Perazzi
Blaser
Guerini
Beretta (JEG 687, or 692, or DT-10/11)
Browning 725 Combo (Guns Unlimited Omaha NE)

I'm probably missing something, but that's where I'd start (you're already almost halfway done!). Shopping for guns is buckets of fun, Enjoy yourself!

1 - 20 of 40 Posts