Trapshooters Forum banner

1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
145 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
To Whom It May Concern

Below message is from my brother in Ireland and what he has to say of how he is being treated by your company. Also below that are a few links to the grade of shooter he is. Below that are pictures of his gun and the replacement I can also get you pictures of the damaged gun and the wrong forend metal.

Gordon Wrote to me:

I purchased a maxum less than 3 years ago and it fell apart in competition in September. The lug came off the barrel so I contacted Anglio Italian guns in the UK and got it sent to them after a long debate they agreed new barrels and action and after 2 months later my gun was returned to a gun shop in Northern Ireland. When I arrived to pick it up I opened it in the shop to inspect it and they had sent my gun back to me and destroyed my wood and the wrong forend metal was on the gun "It was off an Essex" and because of this they had ruined my forend wood trying to make it fit and also destroyed all the screws. When I contacted them about my horror they replied that to take a picture of the forend wood damage and we will send you one same to match and I was to fit it myself this was there reply and no mention off the wrong metal on the forend. I sent the gun back again and they had agreed to send me a new gun so in late January they sent my gun to a dealer in England and he sent me picture off the wood and it was not the same grade as mine was and even an untrained eye could see this and it was confirmed by a dealer in Northern Ireland and on that grounds I refused to accepted this. They told me to accepted it or like it or lump it, it was their last offer. So now I have refused it they are sending my gun to the factory in Italy to be repaired I will not accept a repair on safety grounds. When I told them about the damage they had done they told me that. "This conversation is boring me" and to only contact them by email and to date sent an email to the main factory for an update and they said if I send any more emails to them they will abstain from writing or reading any other messages about his matter that's there exact words. Never have I been insulted like this before and before this I was an avid Guerini fan but as you can probably guess not any more still left without a competition gun to date with now agreement in the close future there customer care is horrid.

https://www.google.com/search?client=safari&rls=en&q=gordon+roulston+skeet&ie=UTF-8&oe=UTF-8

He currently is Irish team captain and Number 1 skeet shooter in Ireland. People sponsor guns to shooters like this let alone be treated like this by a company he's bought one from.

I as I said am his brother and your company and its representatives are aggravating a person that has sold dozens of guns for your company just by shooting yours.

·
Registered
2,222 Posts
Here in the good old USA they are as top notch as any and I say any gun company there is.
Like any other problem or issue, there are TWO sides to each story.

·
Registered
3,060 Posts
Warranties and customer service are main selling ingredients for an American buyer beyond product features and quality. Both of these ingredients add cost to a product but are considered worthwhile by marketing as sales tools to drive their product to market.

Other countries may rather have the lowest price foregoing added features or import tariffs may add large costs to a product leaving no room for added features such long warranties and top flight customer service.

From time to time we hear shooters from other parts of the globe on T.S. telling us they're not getting anywhere the warranty or service we get in the states from the same manufacturer.

I can tell you first hand from representing several global companies not all things are equal on the global landscape.

Don't know what's up with Guerini, but I sure hope they take care of this customer.

Surfer

·
Registered
1,478 Posts
We are so lucky that Wes Lang runs the Guerini USA. Great service. Because of Wes and his team. I own 3 Guerini's.

·
Premium Member
12,271 Posts
Can't say for sure, but it sounds like they tried to repair it 'locally' rather than send it back to Guerini.

I travel extensively for work and I know a thing or two about how different parts of the world work with warranties, etc. First, 'dead on 4' is spot on (just look at the guarantee on the lowly battery - AA, C, etc. - here in the USA most come with a lifetime guarantee not to leak/damage equipment - no where else in the world do you see this - same companies even, just different service).

Second, there is a 'laziness' in service in most countries outside the USA (ever wonder why we rose above??). Granted sending a firearm from Ireland to Italy (or the US) for service is tougher than from state to state in the US, but it can be done - they choose not to.

Just had a similar issue happen with a Snap On ratchet. A friend in the UK had an older 'fine tooth' ratchet that was worn out internally. Local Snap On guy sent him a new one - that is not fine toothed, by the time he realized it his old wrench was sent back, never to be recovered. There is about a $50 price difference between the two ratchets and the Snap On dealer in the UK basically said "you are SOL."

Sad part is that there is a repair kit for the old wrench that costs $10...

I suggest you contact CG - USA (link provided and here is the phone number: 001-410-901-1131)

Good luck.

·
Registered
2,343 Posts
The question I have is how a 3 year old gun "Fell apart"? Lug came off barrel???

What happen here?

Its really unbelievable that the gun "Fell Apart"

T

·
Registered
145 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
They gave him a new action and barrels and this is the damage done to the wood. Also the forend iron is of an Essex.

birdyklr_2012_21105.jpg

·
Registered
3,351 Posts
DT 11 LOTS OF INTERNATIONAL SHOOTERS HAVE SWITCHED TO THE NEW DT 11. PERAZZI BERETTA RULE INTERNATIONAL SHOOTING GAMES. ONLY SAW 2 K GUNS AND THEY WERE AMERICAN SHOOTERS. GUERINI IS A NICE GUN PRETTY BUT NOT IN THE SAME LEAGUE WITH THE PROVEN WINNERS

·
Registered
3,060 Posts
Gordon looks like he's pulling in the loot with the gun he has and doesn't need to change, he needs support from the factory, Irish importer and or dealer. All guns have problems from heavy use even the brands you named as better than Guerini. The key to Gordon's long term success is factory support.

Surfer

·
Registered
227 Posts
And the surprise is what? Guerini USA, Europe, Canada, Australia, where ever, are separate entities, each with there own warranties and service choices. Wes and the gang have chosen and aggressive warranty and are the only Guerini Importers to offer free annual service under the "Pit Stop" program. No one else USA or other offers anything like that.
I am frequently contacted by both Canadian and Mexican shooters for service help on Guerini's because they can get no support from their respective importers.

Maybe Guerini USA has set the bar too high for some.

DGG

·
Registered
1,235 Posts
TTT for Wes,and the gang............I'm glad they set their bar high.
Say birdyklr what say you get your brother to bring that shotgun over here to Maryland,and we'll take him over the bridge(multiple)to Cambridge Md.,and get that gun overhauled(screws ect..).It would be a great trip,plus the seafood over on the shore is excellent................
Just a thought.

D.P.Reynolds

1 - 20 of 30 Posts