Trapshooters Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just received the extra full choke for my Summit Impact Trap. Has anyone tried this choke? Results?

·
Registered
185 Posts
I have not...and don't know that I would as I find Guerini chokes to be 'tight' to start with...at least out of my Summit Impact. I find that compared to most guns Guerini chokes are about one-step tighter. For example... the Guerini LM equals most guns modified choke.

I can easily smoke targets at 16 yards with the 'lite modified,' but I shoot faster than most folks. I generally prefer the modified from 16 yards as the fringe pattern seems similar to the LM yet center shots make the target vanish.

I've only used the full choke for 'protection' and wood pile games. Otherwise I find the lite full to be sufficient for 27 yards. This is my experience, however, and I am not a 27 yard shooter (yet). My gun/ammo may pattern differently than others.

Mark T.

·
Registered
297 Posts
I'm with Timney on this one. I have also found that they are tighter. I also use LF as apposed to a full Briley in my XT. I keep meaning to measure them to see the difference, but shooting always gets in the way.

Gene

·
Premium Member
3,907 Posts
My kid shoots a Guerini and all he uses is the improved mod. Turns targets to dust at the 27. He says he odviously does not need anything tighter.

·
Registered
74 Posts
I have one for my Magnus and use it when I am shooting scrap game and protetion. I practice with it from time to time on singles and my scores have improved a great deal since i started doing it. I love setting the trap to a locked position and practicing for the parking lot shoots. the bird can be a foot off the ground at the 50yard stake and I can still smoke it with the extra full

My guerini chokes are tighter than normal and as seen on the pattern board the full produces a hot core of 25 inches out to about 10 yards past most other full choked guns owned by the group that I shoot with.

·
Registered
909 Posts
My Guerini M is as tight as the IM in my Beretta.

·
Banned
5,706 Posts
Neil Winston should take notice on this thread, repeats of what I said months ago and got so many non believers, and called me anything but a liar, it brought about the Ohio State Challenge and the CG Full choke came through with flying colors.

Next will be with my Fabarms XLR5 if it needs to done again.

Gary Bryat
DR.longshot

·
Registered
9,984 Posts
I can attest to that Gary....while patterning the EF it was at least 50yds plus ..nearer 55 that I had to back up to just to get a clean representative 30" circle pattern..at 40 it was not quite 24" in dia and super dense...shot like a darn turkey choke

·
Registered
4,468 Posts
I shoot the full for singles and caps from my Summit.

It turns targets inside out.

Bill Grill's son shoots the IM with equal result.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.