Trapshooters Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
979 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Is anyone interested in the new style Summit Ascent model? They are supposed to arive soon in US. The ad hype is honking about a heads-up posture and a moderate raised rib. I've seen no review info yet, has anyone seen one at the shows or stores? TM

·
Registered
233 Posts
I handled one, didn't shoot it. It is pretty much what it says it is and I couldn't find anything wrong with that. I liked the rib height. The action is the same Guerini action. The stock is nicely proportioned for the rib. It seemed a bit heavier than the sporting guns, but there weren't any scales around. It was a nice gun if what it has floats your boat.
Dave

·
Registered
979 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I am focused on the stock config as the action is a summit and that is a fine package. I do not want the bridgework bolted to the top barrel, just a modest rib & comb that fits. TM

·
Registered
233 Posts
There is a review in the new issue of ClayShooting USA. Weight on that gun was listed as 8-6 with the balance point about 1/2" forward of the hinge pins. Stock dimensions appear to be the ones from the catalog, rather than measuring the acual gun.
Dave

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.