Trapshooters Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
79 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I’m currently shooting a 725 trap double. I had tron install an adjustable butt plate, microcell pad and switch out the browning comb hardware. I later removed the microcell pad and put the browning pad back on. I needed that big curve to keep my mount consistent.

I have lots of questions.

I want a unsingle. My question is with the adjustable rib would that allow a more upright shooting that my 725 double?

Are all the new unsingle trap versions the same or is there a old and new version? The one that comes in the adjustable combo the same as the unsingle only version or they trying to dump the older model. (They have a sale)

GU said they would add adjustable comb with Graco hardware. Should I have them do it or tron?

for $350 more they will add gracoil. Are they adjustable lop and butt plate or is it just a recoil System? I’m not recoil sensitive but if it gives me the extra adjustments I think I would do it.

I have no interest in doubles. Should I try to sell my 725 double and buy the combo Or should I keep 2 guns? The non adjustable double I’m assuming would shoot way different than the unsingle as far as where I have my comb adjusted. what do u think my 725 would bring If dumping it was the best choice? It’s less than a year old.

Would the barrels interchange between my 725s? My current stock fits me and is already modified. If I could throw the unsingle barrel on my gun I might leave the new GU receiver untouched.

last question is should I be scared of browning 725 stocks cracking? If it did crack is there a reasonable Fix or replacement option or is the gun junk? That weighs in the back of my mind.

my goal is be a good club shooter. All the leagues i are single 16 yard 25 or 50 bird shoots.

Thanks in advance. I know I threw a lot of questions out there.

·
Registered
79 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I did not realize that my factory adjustable comb browning trap gun has a standard stock and the GU unsingles have a Monte Carlo stock. Does that take away the need for adjustable butt plate?

·
Registered
65 Posts
Does anyone know if the GU 725 unsingle barrel would fit other 725 models? I have a 725 trap max and have been curious If I could order the 34” unsingle barrel from GU and if it would work?

·
Registered
14 Posts
Hello, I have done a lot of research including calling GU on this topic, and I believe I can give you the answers for you questions so you can make the most informed decision.

GU sells 3 different unsingle variants and those are: Standard rib unsingle($2799), Standard rib unsingle/O/U combo($4299), and the Higher rib unsingle/O/U combo($4799). The higher rib model combo($4799) has adjustable ribs on both the O/U and unsingle, and both ribs are equally “taller” than both the standard unsingle and your current gun( assuming it’s a standard O/U Fixed rib 725 trap) and it’s the only option for a “more upright head position” than your current setup.

IN MY OPINION you have 5 options and all are assuming you can sell your current gun for $2000

1) you keep your current O/U trap 725 (cost $0)

2) sell your gun for roughly 2000$ and take the money to buy the standard rib unsingle (cost roughly $799)

3) sell your gun for roughly $2000 and take the money and buy a standard rib unsingle/O/U combo (cost roughly $2299)

4) sell your gun for roughly $2000 and take the money and buy the higher adjustable rib on both barrels Unsingle/O/U combo (cost roughly $2799)

5) keep your current gun and buy the standard rib unsingle for $2799

I believe there are advantages to all 5 options. Option 1 is the cheapest option ($0) Option 2 is the cheapest option to switch to an unsingle. Option 3 is the cheapest option to switch to an unsingle barrel and still have O/U barrels Incase you want to use them. Option 4 is the only option that will give you “A more upright heap position” and also the only option that will give you and adjustable rib on the O/U barrels. And option 5 is the only option that will allow you to own 2 guns that you can setup in 2 different ways.

One thing that you should consider if you switch guns is that any modification you made to your current gun will have to be made to the new gun in order to make them fit the same because all Browning 725 trap stocks relatively have the same dimensions as far as length of pull and cast/offset and sight picture out of the box.

Also my “roughly elstimated costs” are going to fluctuate based of sales tax and howmuch you get for selling your current 725 O/U trap ( In my opinion I think you can get $2000 all day long, maybe a little more maybe a little less).

This is all my 2 cents I hope it helps. P.S I’m pretty sure you can’t buy separate barrels from GU

1 - 8 of 8 Posts