Trapshooters Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
With the price of shot being so high I wonder in a wholesaler or producer would be interested in giving a discounted price on a large order of lead. I live in York county PA, Mcalister Shot quoted me at $1080.00 for an 800 lbs drum of #8 magnum. They told me that shipping would be around $250.00. They also said that 3 drums would only cause the price of shipping to increase by around $100.00. Has anyone considered calling Geiser or CAC and trying to buy buy the ton at a discounted rate?

·
Registered
14,131 Posts
There is very little discount on quantity buys.

Dawsons offers a buck a bag discount if you buy 10 or more, and another buck a bag discount if you buy more 100 or more. So there is no more price break at a ton than there is at 10 bags.

So you're only having 2 bucks a bag if you buy 100 bags at a time vs buying one at a time.

·
Registered
772 Posts
I'm "next door" in Adams County and I'd be interested in a group buy. The price that McAlister quoted, with shipping, is on a par with local 25# bag prices. Like you, I'd checked out bulk-packed shot about a year ago and in each case the freight killed the savings. -Ed

·
Registered
2,111 Posts
Agree with Skeet Man, found no real price break on drum of shot in Boston area. Then you have the task of having something to move it with and a place to keep it. Even in 5 gal pails, you are not going to move it around by yourself. So instead of tying up a big wad of cash for very little discount, continue to buy local when needed.
Steve

·
Registered
772 Posts
Not really. I've gotten maybe $1.00 per bag off when buying 10 bags. What do you have in mind? -Ed

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I was thinking if we could get a few people together and placed an order for around a 100 bags we may be able to knock a few dollars a bag off. It looks like there isn't enough mark up on shot to make that happen though.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts