Trapshooters Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
20,602 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Claim: Being Green Threatens Male Gender Identity

Why are men less likely than women to embrace environmentally friendly products and behaviors? Whereas prior research attributes this gender gap in sustainable consumption to personality differences between the sexes, we propose that it may also partially stem from a prevalent association between green behavior and femininity, and a corresponding stereotype (held by both men and women) that green consumers are more feminine. Building on prior findings that men tend to be more concerned than women with gender identity maintenance, we argue that this green-feminine stereotype may motivate men to avoid green behaviors in order to preserve a macho image. A series of seven studies provides evidence that the concepts of greenness and femininity are cognitively linked and shows that, accordingly, consumers who engage in green behaviors are stereotyped by others as more feminine and even perceive themselves as more feminine. Further, men’s willingness to engage in green behaviors can be influenced by threatening or affirming their masculinity, as well as by using masculine rather than conventional green branding. Together, these findings bridge literatures on identity and environmental sustainability and introduce the notion that due to the green-feminine stereotype, gender identity maintenance can influence men’s likelihood of adopting green behaviors.

·
Registered
29,248 Posts
Well that would explain what we see here in the types who support this bogus religion.

·
Registered
3,744 Posts
All to often when dealing with a lot of higher educated people, many that I have known most of my life or all of theirs.

It looks like higher education means

Take the brains out shovel exscreetia in and send them on their way!

Several of them that before getting a higher education where the best rock Turner's you ever saw¡ the people that would say "I don't like that answer let's dig deeper and find out why"

Have turned into babbling weenies that will stop at what was just written and have never again asked a single why? question!

I am wondering if that indoctrination process is the reason we any green weenies at all!!!!!!

·
Registered
11,925 Posts
The story of Chicken Little and the ole saying, "yesterday I couldn't even spell engineer and today I are one" comes to mind!!

·
Premium Member
8,006 Posts
Just to be a dick, I throw away my separated recyclable stuff away along with the trash in front of the greenies at the trash dump( we don't have pick up). Most know who I am, and leave me alone rather than get their a=s kicked for empty bottles. It could be my I don't buy that global warming bullsh=t bumper sticker, seems to work well or it might be my Tang So Do Mi Giuk Qwan sticker and wife's reputation, that discourages them. I don't like people who mind my business and take pains to convey that message.
Aloha

·
Registered
29,248 Posts
I don't sort my trash either., even though the Association pays extra for the service. I do it t spite the greenies in my place too, especially my Lefty Obama loving neighbor. Seems the greenies don't understand, the disposal service burns twice as much fossil fuel sending two trucks, the same day on the same routes the service ends up taking to the same dump. They don't really recycle it, because (a) they cannot get adequate help to sort through it to separate it, (b) they spend even more fuel taking it to the recyclers and (c) they do not clear enough revenue to make a profit on the extra labor, fuel and equipment costs.

·
Registered
14,585 Posts
My neighbor at our Lake house told me I should not mow my grass in the middle of the day. She said I should wait till dusk so it had less "impact" on the ozone (she is a retired Science teacher and thinks she is another Einstein).

I told her I can't do it that late because it doesn't work into my "schedule", but she is more than welcome to mow my lawn when she does hers. Actually I could mow it then, but I prefer to sit on the deck with a Lemonade Vodka at that time.

·
Registered
6,094 Posts
I have first hand knowledge of what happens to the newspapers that people so carefully collect for recycling. They get gathered up and warehoused. When the warehouse is full, a buyer is sought. If the current market price for recycled newspaper is not high enough, the salvaged paper is taken to the landfill, and dumped anyway.

·
Registered
1,727 Posts
I sort my aluminum cans and plastic and glass bottles because I get paid for them. It comes to about $400 a year with the metal and the deposit rebates. I either put the money in my grandson's education fund or buy ammo. I will be damned if I am going to let the state keep my money, or the envirowackos. The rest of it gets thrown in which ever bin is open.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts