Trapshooters Forum banner

Green Duster wads

2114 Views 10 Replies 8 Participants Last post by  skunkhouse
Ordered 1500 GD wads from Precision Reloading of South Dakota. Delivered in 7 days. Great service. Mike
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

· Registered
551 Posts
Last week I took delivery of a case of DR XL1 wads and a case of Orange Dusters from Precision. Normally use Recobs in Wi. they both use Spee-Dee Delivery and will ship with them if you are in the upper Midwest. Much cheaper than any other carriers. And I am in between the two. But Recobs is out of everything and their website has been updating for a week now.

Will order from Precision again, they were fast especially compared to BPI LOL.

Must be more than 15 years ago but less than 20 that I got a bad batch of green dusters. They cracked in the cold and it does get cold in Mn.

That is when I switched to DownRange and started to use the DR XL1. Recobs turned me on to them and I ended up talking to Kevin when he was first starting out DownRange. He said Duster must had a bad batch of raw materials which were beyond their control. And said he wouldn't wish that on anyone. He doesn't knock the competition and now makes the Duster wads.

Before he got a commercial freezer that could get cold enough I would test different load combinations that people would say they were having problems with using his wads. He would call me and say can you test XX, YY with ZZ? I didn't need a commercial freezer I could just go outside.

I'm sure the green dusters are still a great wad but been using the DR XL-1 too long now to change back. Still like the orange dusters for the 20. And blue dusters when I am shooting 1 1/8 oz.

· Premium Member
8,116 Posts
Last week I took delivery of a case of DR XL1 wads and a case of Orange Dusters from Precision. Normally use Recobs in Wi. they both use Spee-Dee Delivery and will ship with them if you are in the upper Midwest. Much cheaper than any other carriers. And I am in between the two. But Recobs is out of everything and their website has been updating for a week now.

Will order from Precision again, they were fast especially compared to BPI LOL.

Must be more than 15 years ago but less than 20 that I got a bad batch of green dusters. They cracked in the cold and it does get cold in Mn.

That is when I switched to DownRange and started to use the DR XL1. Recobs turned me on to them and I ended up talking to Kevin when he was first starting out DownRange. He said Duster must had a bad batch of raw materials which were beyond their control. And said he wouldn't wish that on anyone. He doesn't knock the competition and now makes the Duster wads.

Before he got a commercial freezer that could get cold enough I would test different load combinations that people would say they were having problems with using his wads. He would call me and say can you test XX, YY with ZZ? I didn't need a commercial freezer I could just go outside.

I'm sure the green dusters are still a great wad but been using the DR XL-1 too long now to change back. Still like the orange dusters for the 20. And blue dusters when I am shooting 1 1/8 oz.
Green Dusters from more than 15 years ago but less than 20 were made by a different company using different resin than DR uses. If you have the opportunity to add a bag to your next wad order, you might check to see if they are different than what you recall.

· Registered
5,684 Posts
Green Dusters from more than 15 years ago but less than 20 were made by a different company using different resin than DR uses. If you have the opportunity to add a bag to your next wad order, you might check to see if they are different than what you recall.
I prefer the Purple dusters over the 7/8 oz CB wad for my Titewad loadings in the Gunclub hulls because they are just a tad taller in the crush section than the CB wad and make the stack height work better for me for that denser powder.

· Registered
551 Posts
Like I said I know Kevin well and understand that. Been there. Done that and have that T-shirt. Gander Mountain T-Shirt they were the main distributors when Duster was in Wi. Also think I said ordered a case of orange dusters last week. But see no need to change back to Green Dusters over the XL-1. They fit everything even better than the Green Dusters did. Just my experience and opinion. Then again my mind doesn't always recall things exactly like it used to LOL.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.