Trapshooters Forum banner
1 - 20 of 27 Posts

Registered
I watched the Graf sell-through with curiosity. I didn't need anything they had, I'm OK. But it was remarkable to see it go from 20+ different offerings to zero in about 6 hours. I almost grabbed an 8# RamShot Competition, but I really don't need it. I don't want to succumb to the hoarding mentality. It's pretty amazing. Hope everyone gets what they ordered!

Registered
I watched the Graf sell-through with curiosity. I didn't need anything they had, I'm OK. But it was remarkable to see it go from 20+ different offerings to zero in about 6 hours. I almost grabbed an 8# RamShot Competition, but I really don't need it. I don't want to succumb to the hoarding mentality. It's pretty amazing. Hope everyone gets what they ordered!
I'm the same way. I would like to get 4 more bags of shot to match up with the quantity of wads, powder and primers that I have. Then I would be good until 2022 or close to it.

Banned
The hoarding mentality is terrible.

Banned
So your saying your terrible? Your one of those that is causing the problem. You admitted it.
I am a terrible and awful human being. It is awful being able to shoot as much as I want to, when I want to.

I tried to cause problems in 2016, 2017, 2018 and ,2019 but I guess I was only able to reach my true horribleness in 2020.

Banned
Don't change. ;)
Thank you for the kind words. I hoard so that I and people I like can shoot. I always viewed it as buying at advantages times prior to Biden/Harris and Sheila Jackson Lee putting up ridiculous gun control plans.

You can call me a hoarder (which I find amusing) or you can call me someone who supported Remington by taking advantage of their rebates. I bought a bunch of flats (lost count) without the rebates, as well.

Registered
Thank you for the kind words. I hoard so that I and people I like can shoot. I always viewed it as buying at advantages times prior to Biden/Harris and Sheila Jackson Lee putting up ridiculous gun control plans.

You can call me a hoarder (which I find amusing) or you can call me someone who supported Remington by taking advantage of their rebates. I bought a bunch of flats (lost count) without the rebates, as well.
I don't see that as hoarding. I did the same when rounds were cheap and available. Same reasons, too. Got my sister into shooting, my son into shotgun sports and it all required rounds to shoot. I had to remind my wife a few times that when the man-child began coming to the range with me, everything doubled. Rounds, fees, time, etc. So no, not "hoarding" - it's just shooting. (y)

Registered
I鈥檝e been stocking up over the last four years. Now I don鈥檛 need to hoard.

Son was talking with he Boss ammo company about buying Bismuth ammo when they told him they were having extreme problems getting powder. Son made the remark that they should have stocked up like I did. They remarked they got blindsided by the shortages. They make shot in house but need primed hulls, wads and powder from outside. Hope they get some soon. Their Bismuth ammo is first rate.

Registered
blackandgold,
I did the same thing. A little at a time but over the years it added up. Others I know thought I was nuts. Now they have no shells. I remember awhile back when W-Mart had Federal Gold Medals (plastic) selling for $2.00 a box. I posted here about it and a lot of fellow shooters took advantage of it. I am glad I did.
Al
Ridgecrest,CA

Banned
blackandgold,
I did the same thing. A little at a time but over the years it added up. Others I know thought I was nuts. Now they have no shells. I remember awhile back when W-Mart had Federal Gold Medals (plastic) selling for $2.00 a box. I posted here about it and a lot of fellow shooters took advantage of it. I am glad I did.
Al
Ridgecrest,CA
That's it! I put this in another post but I will put it here too. I view it as dollar cost averaging of shotshells.

Most of the junk shells I buy at WalMart is for my idiot friends that are casual shooters and didn't buy any. They won't overpay since I will sell to them at cost, if they want some. Otherwise, all for me.

However, with all the political uncertainty and the possibility of being in a pandemic that never ends I'm going to keep buying when I find reasonable prices. Reasonable is $80 a flat for AAs or STS. $60 for promo, in my humble definition. Yes, I'm still finding reasonable prices.

Premium Member
View attachment 1737736

I enjoyed these over the summer from Cabelas. The rebate was quite nice to get over 30 flats of these for about $50 plus tax. Nobody wanted them then. So I bought them. Ya'll had a chance over a few months but I guess I had to be the bad guy!
You are either a liar ( my opinion ) or you鈥檝e perpetrated a criminal fraud. The rebates are/were limited.

Reactions: blackandgold

Banned
You are either a liar ( my opinion ) or you鈥檝e perpetrated a criminal fraud. The rebates are/were limited.
By address. Usually 50 boxes. Nothing against multiple people at different addresses submitting rebates and selling the ammo to me. Heck, they could even give me the ammo if it's my birthday. If you have friends, they can help you out with orders. I learned about that here. :). It's the single best piece of advice I've ever read, after 7.5s or 8s.

Something else I learned that some people do, is that they buy a pallet and their supplier will date receipts as needed. I'm not yet that advanced in my criminal empire to attempt such things.

1 - 20 of 27 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.