Trapshooters Forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Premium Member
18,767 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
OK, while we're on it, I'll nominate Tommy Jackson, Wade Ray, Kieth Coleman, Jason Roberts, Johnny Gimble, Wade Ray, Bob Wills, Buddy Spicher, Red Hayes. All country.

·
Premium Member
18,767 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Jeff- He couldn't play a bass fiddle, but I know what you are saying.

Yes, Vassar Clements is one of the great ones, and yes Allison is pretty.

·
Registered
7,593 Posts
I think you should all consider Mark O'Connor. This man was world champion Fiddle player at 13 years old. That was a ways back 1975.

Bob Lawless

·
Registered
613 Posts
Some years back, 60 minutes or 20-20, did a bit on Charley Daniels, during the show Itzack Perlman also performed. Interestingly, Charlie played several classics with Perlman to perfection. Perlman, however, failed badly trying to keep up with Charley on The Orange Blossom Special. At the time Perlman was touted to be the best classical violinist of our time.

·
Registered
599 Posts
That would have to be the old Kentucky **** hunter,Curly Ray Cline. Played with Ralph Stanley,Kieth Whitley, Clinch Mountain Boys In the 70`s and 80`s. U tube him on up.Every body else just stands there with their hat in their hands. Mike

·
Registered
2,638 Posts
I will agree with Tim Earny, but Roy Queen (the Old Man of the Mountain) preferred "Fiddlin'Goforth). Tough call.....m

1 - 20 of 22 Posts