Trapshooters Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

· Registered
702 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Went to a "Annie", or Money shoot as some call it today in Darrington Washington. There were 22 of us in attendance. Attendees came from all over the state and we had a great time. Started the morning with blueberry pancakes, shot 6 rounds and then had lunch of 1/2 pound cheese burgers. All we needed were hammocks. Here is a picture of some of the guys shooting from about 50 yards behind the trap house.

· Registered
702 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
More than likely these type shoots are what got many of us hooked for life on trap shooting.
Sorry about being first loser but you had an enjoyable fun day, really can’t ask for more.
Second is good for me. I have only been shooting about three years. I love the sport and the comradery, we have a great time win or lose. You get put out, no worries. It is about the fun, and meeting new people. No sour grapes with this group of people.

· Premium Member
8,028 Posts
Went to a "Annie", or Money shoot as some call it today in Darrington Washington. There were 22 of us in attendance. Attendees came from all over the state and we had a great time. Started the morning with blueberry pancakes, shot 6 rounds and then had lunch of 1/2 pound cheese burgers. All we needed were hammocks. Here is a picture of some of the guys shooting from about 50 yards behind the trap house. View attachment 1764016
We enjoy do the same thing at my club.
Steve

· Premium Member
8,028 Posts
They do look kind of small. Did I say that we don't use 7.5 or 8? Usually it size 6 shot. Got to reach a little further. Notice the concertation on the faces of the guys in the line looking at the clays?
We have two fields purposely set back about 50 yards. One field can through wobbles. Keeps you on your toes. Just had the wobble machine repaired. Damage was above my rank. Waiting for a shoot, with both fields going. Pretty sure I can find enough people. Some call this the money maker.
You can shoot what ever you want as long as it isn't 10 gauge
Steve

· Registered
1,299 Posts
They do look kind of small. Did I say that we don't use 7.5 or 8? Usually it size 6 shot. Got to reach a little further. Notice the concertation on the faces of the guys in the line looking at the clays?
You need those Remington pheasant loads 1 1/4 oz #6 @ 1330 FPS 🤣 🤣

· Registered
3,367 Posts
You need those Remington pheasant loads 1 1/4 oz #6 @ 1330 FPS 🤣 🤣
At these shoots a shell like that is a good starting point for some of these guys. I cut my teeth shooting stuff like this and it was fun, but when you hear what some load for the long range shots it can make you not want to stand next to them in shoot offs!

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.