Trapshooters Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 37 Posts

·
Registered
725 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My first concert...Frank Zappa at Cole Field House, College Park, MD on November 2, 1975

Most memorable...Led Zeppelin at the Capital Centre, Landover, MD on May 30, 1977

·
Registered
2,741 Posts
Only been to two in my life. Van Halen with Sammy Hagar and AC/DC with Brian Johnson. Got my moneys worth both times!

·
Registered
1,876 Posts
Any early Springsteen concert before he got married the first time.

Levon Helm and the "Band" at his house in Woodstock NY

Stevie Ray Vaughan @ Carnegie Hall and Stone Pony Asbury park NJ

·
Registered
3,002 Posts
Good question....I don't where to begin.

'72 Gentle Giant opened up for Jethro Tull. Tull did Aqualung then came back on stage and did Thick as a Brick.

Frank Zappa and the Mothers of Inventions----on Mothers Day '74

REO Speedwagon '71

ACDC opened for ZZ Top '81

Stevie Ray Vaughn at Follinger Theater '86

Charlie Daniels Band Headwaters Park '74

Lenard Skynard at Morris Civic Auditorium '75

Yes Band --four times

Allman Brothers Band --four times

Kansas opened for Queen

Talking Heads in Chicago

Merl Haggard Loretta Lynn

Bob Seegar in the Pontiac Silver Dome

Dave Clark 5 in the Big Tent Washington DC '65

Blue Oyster Cult

Doobie Brothers

Percy Strothers

Led Zep

There are more...My favorite was the Rolling Stones at Market Square Arena on Mick Jaggers 40th birthday. Goats Head Soup album just came out.

Can't wait to see Derek and Susan a month from now.

Wayne

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/-ysTsiAx5pE" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

·
Registered
288 Posts
I see 6-7 shows a year. Getting so I have to pick shows I havent already seen. Couple weeks ago I saw Van Halen in Buffalo, they were good but not even close to the best. Seen so many good ones impossible to say who's the best my favorites were James Taylor and Carole King, John Fogerty and John Mellancamp, Elton John, Eric Clapton and Muddy Waters, Grateful Dead, Allman Bros. Moody Blues, Outlaws and Doobie Bros. ZZ Top, Alan Jackson, Merle Haggard............just to name a few. Going to see Springsteen next month......cant wait!

·
Registered
1,204 Posts
Monsters of Rock in Mannhiem Germany 1984. Accept, Gary Moore, Ronnie James Dio, Motley Crue, Van Halen, and AC/DC all in one day. Hard to top that. Birdtracker

·
Just getting by.....
988 Posts
WolfgangsVault.com has free recording of alot of the older concerts.

They even have a Ipod/Iphone App.

Tim

·
Registered
8,200 Posts
Wish I could have been to this one.....Two of the best guitar players on the planet...

<iframe width="420" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/dlPjxz4LGak" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

·
Registered
3,820 Posts
In the early 1970's...Pink Floyd in Cincinnati's Music Hall. Great acoustics, excellent special effects...AWESOME music..!!
More recently: Leonard Cohen in Ft. Lauderdale. Not sure that's a "Rock Concert"...but I LOVE the man's music.

·
Registered
1,454 Posts
Journey Escape tour 1984 was the best concert I ever saw. Steve Perry totally rocked the house, never stood still the whole time. Second was Foreigner Four.

·
Registered
285 Posts
Guns and Roses and Garth Brooks were two of my favorites to see in person. Some bands/musicians just have a knack for performing live and Axl Rose was definitely one of them. Garth Brooks puts on a great show.......

·
Registered
407 Posts
When I was a kid I saw a few Great concerts at the Jahrhunderthalle in Frankfort Germany My first was in January 69 it was with Jimi Hendrix followed
by Jethro Tull and the Fabulous Frank Zappa. Why my folks allowed me to travel to Frankfort is beyond me. It was only about 35 minutes from Weisbaden. I was still young and very naive. The best stage show was by a performer that I am not that fond of Elton john ( about 1975 in Hampton VA) he had a very good show altho the songs were not of my style.

·
Registered
47 Posts
Bigboy,

In 70 & 71 I used to drive the Army bus from Giessen to Frankfort hauling a bunch of dope heads to rock concerts. Procol Harum, Alice Cooper, Ten Years After, Neil Diamond, just to name a few. If it's the same place, it was first come first served and you put blankets on the floor to sit on. My favorite group, the Moody Blues, weren't there at that time but I've seen them multiple times here at home.

It's a wonder we ever made it down and back in one piece!

·
Registered
858 Posts
Rolling Stones and ZZ Top, Cotton Bowl, Dallas Texas, 1981

Peter Frampton, Agora Ballroom, Dallas, Texas, 1981

Pure Prairie League, with Vince Gill, Kirksville Missouri, 1984

·
Banned
4,288 Posts
AC/DC For those about to rock tour [second row center]

Metallica Death Magnetic tour [In the round about 5 row]

Sammy Hagar at the Cabo Wabo Cantina in Cabo Mexico [4th row] in was one crazy night!!!!!

GS

1 - 20 of 37 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.