Trapshooters Forum banner

1 - 20 of 35 Posts

·
Registered
5,499 Posts
The “Grand” will be cancelled too along with most upcoming shoots. Forget about ATA shoots until next year. The powers to be are holding on to the cancellations until they are out of time and have to close them down. So much for my dream of whooping up on everyone this year and winning the GAH!

·
Registered
620 Posts
Way easier to list the shoots that are not cancelled in the next 2 months................. in case you missed it, we have a pandemic, everything is cancelled, the ATA sent out a 5 page list of cancelled shoots yesterday and I suspect that list will grow each and every day for a while yet, get used to it

·
Trump2020
799 Posts
The “Grand” will be cancelled too along with most upcoming shoots. Forget about ATA shoots until next year. The powers to be are holding on to the cancellations until they are out of time and have to close them down. So much for my dream of whooping up on everyone this year and winning the GAH!
Maybe we can get a refund for our ATA memberships..... :doh::anim_rofl2:

·
Registered
21,600 Posts
It was gonna be my 14th year in a row shooting at least some of the Grand American.

·
Registered
98 Posts
The shoots may be rescheduled but how does the average person justify spending 2-3k to go when you have been out of work for a month or more and cant pay the mortgage? The working men and women are the ones that support big shoots and if its a choice of keeping the lights on or going to your state shoot or the grand the decision is an easy one. Don't get me wrong this all sucks but I have a feeling shoot attendance will very low this summer, especially if the virus still hasn't passed by June/July. JMHO.

·
Registered
1,711 Posts
It is what it is. The ATA prefers to be optimistic and not just throw in the towel . We all have different circumstances in our lives to deal with . The A.T.A EC and ED are dealing with clubs that are trying to make the best of a bad deal and try to recover something. If they have a shoot and get a partial recovery beats the heck out of nothing.
I know things are hard, hell it's hit my business and my kids but I'm surprised at the can't do and defeated attitudes I'm seeing. No one is alone in this!
My father told me a long time ago if it gets hard get up put your boots on see what the day brings.
I wish all of you heath and success getting through this but personally I choose to take it day by day .

·
Registered
1,711 Posts
Something else that has to be considered and folks that don’t run shoots have no understanding. Most of these clubs and State associations have already paid for programs , attendance pins , targets and trophies. Most are not strong enough to absorb these expenses. They have to try to reschedule and recover some of this expense .
I hope they can !

·
Registered
21,600 Posts
I know personally and I may be a minority but if I won a trophy in 2021 that had a 2020 date on it . It would make a great conversation piece and I hate to think anyone would be to selfish to understand.
It could come with a letter of explanation.
Just a thought ?
Why not a 2020 date? Folks this is a time in our history that will be remembered forever. No matter where you stand on what is taking place, no one can argue it’s place in history.
I would be ok with a 2020 date. I’m happy any day I shot good enough to win a trophy and I’ve won some odd ones too.
916A8C3B-FBFB-49E0-87F3-96F6ED24573F.jpeg

I have to confess, I actually use it. :)

·
Registered
3,910 Posts
Now that the shoot is cancelled, I bet the weather will be the best ever experienced in that area. I am still waiting for my shoes to dry out from the last time I was there. LOL.

1 - 20 of 35 Posts