Trapshooters Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 38 Posts

·
Registered
355 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
What kind of grease do You use in Your Shotgun. Hinge points, high friction points, hammer, sear and chokes ?

·
Registered
9,529 Posts
Guns actually have rather low friction points (except perhaps new Brownings) so just about any type of general grease will work. I believe the key is keeping the grease clean, not what type of grease is used. A tube of white grease that will fit into a caulk gun can be put into smaller containers and should last about 20 years.

Pat Ireland

·
Registered
32 Posts
Pro-shot Pro-Gold. Very sticky, stays in place well, good lubrication. Have also used lubriplate, which has good lubricating properties, but doesn't stay put nearly as well when the temperatures warm significantly.

G

·
In winter...VALCO white lithium; in summer I use M-1 rifle grease. I have 5, 1-pound cans of the stuff so I may as well try to use it up. (CMD Gun Lube would be my second summer choice.)

Mike

·
Registered
3,599 Posts
I use absolutely NO grease on my guns. They get "Breakfree CLP" and nothing else. I use Scotts Liquid Gold furniture polish to wipe down the entire gun after cleaning. This has worked for me for many years of trapshooting, as well as many years spent in the marshes and on the bay hunting ducks and geese. NEVER had any rust problems at all, and guns stay well protected and lubed...Dan Thome (Trap2)

·
Registered
731 Posts
Another vote for Gator Tears. While it is good for the gun, I can't say that my shooting has improved much. Thanks Jerry. Mike

G

·
Is this "Gator Tears" stuff for real or is this just more bait for those of us who still live in the cold half the year?

Mike

G

·
Jerry B.

I've run it through Google and through Froogle as well and nothing comes up. I assume its a regional product by the name. How can I get a hold of some of it??

Mike

·
Registered
1,099 Posts
Whale oil is the best since it's the most expensive- you get what you pay for, ya know. As a bonus, you get to piss off PITA pissants. It works for me.

1 - 20 of 38 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.