Trapshooters Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
341 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What is the best mixture for grease on a pattern board? Paint mixed with grease or just plain grease? Looking for a cheap easy way to pattern a bunch of youth guns just so we can make sure they are close to where they need to be.

·
Premium Member
18,797 Posts
Cheap white grease, if you can find it.

·
Registered
640 Posts
I attach one of those paint mixer spindles to a drill. Then in an old laundry detergent bucket (a paint roller will fit nicely inside that bucket) I mix together a 4 lb tub of wheel bearing grease and a quart of white rustoleum paint. The paint thins the grease a bit and makes your patterns really stand out.

·
Registered
199 Posts
If you want a cheap way to pattern, mount a 40"x40" piece of cardboard on anything that will hold it.

If you have a steel pattern board, we use white Lith. and add synthetic oil to the grease. The oil will 'thin' the grease so that it becomes easy to apply.

John

·
Registered
640 Posts
I use Rustoleum because it's oil based and mixes well with the grease. Occasionally I take a 3 inch paint scraper to the steel plate and remove the build up.

·
Registered
1,034 Posts
White Lithuim grease all by it self works great.

I have found a brush that you would use for washing tires works better than a paint brush. You can use the brush to apply the grease and then spread it around.

Stay away from any paint, it just makes a mess.

Ron Burdick

·
Registered
14,685 Posts
Just use regular cheap grease. I keep mine in cheap tool box screwed to the plate frame. I roll it on with paint roller. A screw on the side holds the roller.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts