Trapshooters Forum banner

Grand Week was Excellent!

2217 Views 18 Replies 17 Participants Last post by  Steve12
It was a dream come true to get to the 2021 Grand! When my son won the Washington State Sub Jr Championship, we knew we had to make every effort to get him there to compete in the Champion of Champions. The horrible wildfires in the PNW made for a lot of extra shifts at work, generating some extra $$ on the paycheck. SSP Eyewear provided the best shooting glasses and every color lens imaginable to my son to make sure he was set for the best sight picture at the targets. Thanks Phillips Gunsmithing for replacing a top lever spring in my sons shotgun for a very fair price, in such a short time. There are also some very special people in the world that help out of the goodness of their hearts. I never asked for anything, but some private sponsors made getting to Sparta a sure thing for my son, and I full heartedly thank them. The good Lord just seemed to make everything fall in place to be able to go with a short time window to plan it out. My son, who was amazed at the whole environment (so was I) of the Grand, saved his best score ever for the Champion Of Champions. He destroyed 95/100, and made us all very proud. He followed that up with a 187/200 in the CTC. The ATA and the WSC ran like a clock. To say the Grand was fun is a vast understatement. We enjoyed every second. From the White Flyer fireworks show, to having a rough go in the Handi, (penalty yardage) we loved every second of Grand week!
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

· Registered
1,288 Posts
What a wonderful experience, I am sure that both of you will remember it for the rest of your lives, good work Dad for making it happen for your son, and good shooting young fellow you should be proud, you both get a big " ATTA BOY "

· Registered
1,290 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 · (Edited)
Saegertown is a great club Sean, and we wish we could shoot with you guys more often!! The little guy has his eyes on Kolars! He demoed one and ink dotted 23 targets. He really has his heart set on one...Some day! In the meantime, the kid really likes his BT100. I found a Ljutic that felt excellent, but after getting some info about my current shotgun, I better keep it! Ask Dad about that story!

· Registered
467 Posts
Saegertown is a great club Sean, and we wish we could shoot with you guys more often!! The little guy has his eyes on Kolars! He demoed one and ink dotted 23 targets. He really has his heart set on one...Some day! In the meantime, the kid really likes his BT100. I found a Ljutic that felt excellent, but after getting some info about my current shotgun, I better keep it! Ask Dad about that story!
Thats fine keep that one and buy the other one. Seems to work for me. 😁

· Premium Member
8,011 Posts
It was a dream come true to get to the 2021 Grand! When my son won the Washington State Sub Jr Championship, we knew we had to make every effort to get him there to compete in the Champion of Champions. The horrible wildfires in the PNW made for a lot of extra shifts at work, generating some extra $$ on the paycheck. SSP Eyewear provided the best shooting glasses and every color lens imaginable to my son to make sure he was set for the best sight picture at the targets. Thanks Phillips Gunsmithing for replacing a top lever spring in my sons shotgun for a very fair price, in such a short time. There are also some very special people in the world that help out of the goodness of their hearts. I never asked for anything, but some private sponsors made getting to Sparta a sure thing for my son, and I full heartedly thank them. The good Lord just seemed to make everything fall in place to be able to go with a short time window to plan it out. My son, who was amazed at the whole environment (so was I) of the Grand, saved his best score ever for the Champion Of Champions. He destroyed 95/100, and made us all very proud. He followed that up with a 187/200 in the CTC. The ATA and the WSC ran like a clock. To say the Grand was fun is a vast understatement. We enjoyed every second. From the White Flyer fireworks show, to having a rough go in the Handi, (penalty yardage) we loved every second of Grand week! View attachment 1762085 View attachment 1762086 View attachment 1762087
Great shooting at an early age. Who knows what his future will be
Congrats
Steve

1 - 19 of 19 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.