Trapshooters Forum banner

1 - 20 of 96 Posts

·
Registered
804 Posts
Article is fine with the exception of the comment that if the A.T.A goes to another State it probably won't come back to Sparta . Nice bluff but not a comment the A.T.A would make !
Maybe it is time for the ATA to make that statement !!! And leave this crap hole state. And yes I live here, Hopefully not much longer, have a home in FL and think it is time to become a FL resident .

·
Registered
1,788 Posts
Terry, I am curious if you have an estimate of how much revenue the Grand brings in during a typical year?

·
Registered
10,109 Posts
I certainly HOPE the powers that be in ILL. come to their senses and allow the Grand as per the ATA contract with them BUT, I wouldn't bet the farm on it. The folks in southern ILL. are great folks , hard working business people, trucker, coal miners, farmers ,etc. BUT, the state is run by commie pinko lib tards fro Chicago and Obama land ! Liberals have no clue about economics and absolutely NO common sense ! They have always been noted for cutting off their nose in spite of their face. Let's just HOPE they don't this time !

·
Registered
873 Posts
I trust the ATA has done all they can politically to make this happen. I really started thinking today about how the Grand in Sparta could be modified to meet most, if not all of the restrictions that we know will still be in place in August.

It's a long list.

·
Vendor
831 Posts
Central, southern, and some northern politicians are pushing back against the gov. Some through lawsuits, some through logistics (not enforcing current order), some through written word. The next month will tell a lot.

I'm filing my local objection next week (advised and formulated by an attorney) to the current order. Will grant me freedom, but there's really nothing open beside big box businesses. It's more a statement and trying to show my kids some form of liberty. Enough is enough, it's time to start opening (smartly, but opening none the less).

We've been locked down for 48 days with no end in sight (months more under the lame Restore Illinois plan). At what point did people just roll over and die in this State?

Sorry, pent up political frustrations not related to this post. I remain a proponent of the Grand and will continue to sound the voice of freedom in Illinois as a former elected official, licensed foster parent, and school board president.

·
Registered
873 Posts
It is hard to see in the article due to a link in the way, but that line about leaving and not coming back came from Representative Schimpf. I suppose that was his interpretation of a discussion he had with the ATA or he took it upon himself to play hardball.

·
Administrator
8,589 Posts
It is hard to see in the article due to a link in the way, but that line about leaving and not coming back came from Representative Schimpf. I suppose that was his interpretation of a discussion he had with the ATA or he took it upon himself to play hardball.
Most of these people can take a simple situation and twist it into the most complicated political mess you can get into.

·
Registered
2,309 Posts
To George MT - Your comment about fake news is out of line. the article did not say "the ATA said". I do not understand why you cannot relate to the lawmakers of southern Illinois trying to apply as much pressure as they can and anyway they can.

·
Registered
2,425 Posts
To George MT - Your comment about fake news is out of line. the article did not say "the ATA said". I do not understand why you cannot relate to the lawmakers of southern Illinois trying to apply as much pressure as they can and anyway they can.
He may not be referring to actual news sources as you're thinking. There's a bunch on this site that can make a mountain out of a mole hill.

·
Registered
2,309 Posts
This was a good news article for ATA shooters who go to the Grand American. The article shows the elected representatives of Southern Illinois are applying pressure to the governor. The ATA EC has requested a thumbs up or down from the state of Illinois by the middle of June for the GA to go forward. As a Grand American participant, I am happy to see the ATA has support for our annual event.

·
Registered
3,169 Posts
I have not read the article yet but I can see where someone might assume they (ATA) could leave and not come back. Basically what happened with the SCTP and Sparta/State of Illinois. They got jacked around and left & I believe still had a couple years on their contract. Guessing they had an escape clause in the contract and used it. Shame as I enjoyed watching the young people.
I live here in Southern Illinois and can't tell you how tired of getting messed over by Shitcago politics us folks are.

·
Registered
95 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Troutbum60
The City of Sparta has a tax that was levied to capture additional revenue when the Grand move there. If you look at the City's financial report for the month of November, as it takes 2 months to post the August revenue, it shows a $250K increase above normal revenue receipts for August. No such variance in other months as the revenue is fairly minuscule. There are financial reports(both County & State) indicating how much the AIM & Grand have on the economic impact on the State.

1 - 20 of 96 Posts