Trapshooters Forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was told by Krieghoff that they wouldn’t even have demo guns because there wouldn’t even be practice traps at the grand. Is this true I was wanting to try out some different models this year?

·
Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
First off I am being told Krieghoff will not even be there . At least that is what people have reported in earlier threads . As for the practice Traps there will be 4. between Banks 16-17. This is listed on page 21 of the Grand Program in the first paragraph.
I knew they weren’t coming I called them to see if they were going to still send some demos with vendors. They said even if they were going to come they wouldn’t bring demos because according to ATA there would be no practice traps. I did see the programs the ATA sent out so I was wondering which was true.

·
Banned
10,357 Posts
I knew they weren’t coming I called them to see if they were going to still send some demos with vendors. They said even if they were going to come they wouldn’t bring demos because according to ATA there would be no practice traps. I did see the programs the ATA sent out so I was wondering which was true.
Well My money is on the ATA because THEY are the ones holding the shoot.

·
Registered
223 Posts
It is not so out of place! Often the best scores come before old habits creep back in!
Lucky to be having a Grand this year! Hope ya'll get to enjoy it! Not trying to take anything away but, practice at the Grand is just reinforcement for what you already know! Enjoy!!

·
Registered
21,600 Posts
I was told by Krieghoff that they wouldn’t even have demo guns because there wouldn’t even be practice traps at the grand. Is this true I was wanting to try out some different models this year?
If that’s the only reason you were going to the Grand, I feel sorry for you. Look, it’s a F’d up year. Changes have had to be made just hold the the shoot. Go enjoy the Grand for what it is, GRAND.

·
Premium Member
4,599 Posts
Shoot registered targets with a strange, borrowed gun at the Grand on purpose? You are truly a man of adventure.
We purchased a gun for my son at the grand and he put his old up and shot the new one.
We adjusted it between rounds to set the poi and he won some things with it.
This is a good way to find out how you will like the gun.
Henry

·
Registered
1,621 Posts
Take the demo and shoot part or all of an event.
Henry
One day at the grand about 10yrs ago I had a slight accident on the morning of the final day just before the handicap and broke my stock on my krieghoff at the line. I scratched and went to the center and Tom reschedule me to a squad late in the shoot. I hit all the venders but most were closed when I found Keith Heeg, he couldn't fix it, but he had another stock that was pretty neutral, I shot a Devalt left hand stock. So it wad just like trying out a new gun. I shot a ridiculous 60 something score. I think you have a bad idea there to try one competition.

·
Registered
21,600 Posts
We purchased a gun for my son at the grand and he put his old up and shot the new one.
We adjusted it between rounds to set the poi and he won some things with it.
This is a good way to find out how you will like the gun.
Henry
I borrowed a DT10 from Beretta at the Grand one year. At the time I was shooting a BT100 and just thought I needed a “better” gun. Shot one practice round of which I ran em from 16. Decided it felt so good I’d shoot the 200 singles with it. First 100 was ugly. I really had no idea where the gun was shooting. I made a few tweaks to the loaner and shot the second hundred with it too. Wasn’t any better. Lesson learned. Try guns are for trying not competing. Glad your son’s experience was better.

·
Premium Member
4,599 Posts
I borrowed a DT10 from Beretta at the Grand one year. At the time I was shooting a BT100 and just thought I needed a “better” gun. Shot one practice round of which I ran em from 16. Decided it felt so good I’d shoot the 200 singles with it. First 100 was ugly. I really had no idea where the gun was shooting. I made a few tweaks to the loaner and shot the second hundred with it too. Wasn’t any better. Lesson learned. Try guns are for trying not competing. Glad your son’s experience was better.
They say he could shoot a broom handle.

Henry

·
Premium Member
3,421 Posts
One year at the Grand, I dropped my gun off at Beretta for service. When I came to pick it up at the scheduled time, it wasn't ready so they offered to let me use a demo of the same model since my event was about to start. Nice idea! I went to the event but the loaner/demo gun out of the show room had the firing pins removed for safety reasons. Mercifully, the ATA refunded my entry fees. Lesson learned. :)

·
Banned
10,357 Posts
One year at the Grand, I dropped my gun off at Beretta for service. When I came to pick it up at the scheduled time, it wasn't ready so they offered to let me use a demo of the same model since my event was about to start. Nice idea! I went to the event but the loaner/demo gun out of the show room had the firing pins removed for safety reasons. Mercifully, the ATA refunded my entry fees. Lesson learned. :)
Like the Michael Douglas line from "The Ghost and the Darkness" Never go into battle with an untested weapon !"

·
Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
If that’s the only reason you were going to the Grand, I feel sorry for you. Look, it’s a F’d up year. Changes have had to be made just hold the the shoot. Go enjoy the Grand for what it is, GRAND.
No need to feel sorry for me buddy. I’ve been blessed. I was just asking a simple question. I’m appreciative of them holding the event.

·
Vendor
1,565 Posts
There were 8 traps open for practice today.

Lyndel Pruet told me one practice trap threw 48 cases of targets. Today. One house.

Planned for 4 houses of practice later in the week as things get busier.

Come, Enjoy, the Hillbilly Grand American.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts