Trapshooters Forum banner

1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
2,569 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just wanted to say a big thank you to all the people at linn creek and the ATA staff that made the grand possible. They had a very short time to get things ready and did a remarkable job pulling it off. It was well run and it was great to meet a few new faces and to visit with gussers, ks okie and big ed. It was a lot easier to check in and see how scores were going or have a laugh and b.s. thanks again to all who made this possible!

·
Premium Member
4,728 Posts
Just wanted to say a big thank you to all the people at linn creek and the ATA staff that made the grand possible. They had a very short time to get things ready and did a remarkable job pulling it off. It was well run and it was great to meet a few new faces and to visit with gussers, ks okie and big ed. It was a lot easier to check in and see how scores were going or have a laugh and b.s. thanks again to all who made this possible!
Our conversations helped make this Grand just a little more Grand for me . Thanks a million .

·
Premium Member
1,678 Posts
We had a Grand! That's the main thing.
121!!!
It reminded me of Old.
Carnival Atmosphere. Hot! Dusty!
Thanks to everyone that went far and above to make this a success.
Never saw so many friendly and appreciative people. Everyone was glad to be there and see it happen. It's been a tough year for many. I'm feel sorry for the ones that live in the communist states that couldn't attend. And for the ones that's still upset because it ain't in the upper north east that could have attended but wouldn't can kiss my big rusty ass.

·
Premium Member
3,173 Posts
My first time to Linn Creek. All the banks seemed about the same, good background. Seems I shot at quite a few steel targets, however, they flew like regular White Flyer Targets. Stayed at The Lighthouse Inn, clean, A.C. worked well, and reasonable rate. Restaurants were excellent but a little pricey (so what, son will inherit less when I go toes up or become toasty).
I believe our elected ATA officials did a great job working with MTA in making this Grand a success. My thanks to all who made it happen.

·
Premium Member
4,728 Posts
Did you find you a bench to sit on every morning to do your yearly people watching?
Well yes and no . We ( Gussers-Big Ed and me ) usually were there at 7 A.M. when they unlocked the clubhouse door to check our posted scores and get a breakfast samwich from the grill . Then took the golf cart back to our mini-camp behind bank 12 to eat and people watch .

·
Registered
2,238 Posts
We used to go to the MO Fall Handicap back in the day. Am I correct that there used to be about 2K entries in that shoot?

I remember it being called the second largest shoot in the USA.

It was hot and dusty then, too.

Pat

·
Registered
2,287 Posts
Yes Pat...They were the days when they used all 60 traps, big money back then also.

·
Ya can't miss with a shotgun
2,763 Posts
Well yes and no . We ( Gussers-Big Ed and me ) usually were there at 7 A.M. when they unlocked the clubhouse door to check our posted scores and get a breakfast samwich from the grill . Then took the golf cart back to our mini-camp behind bank 12 to eat and people watch .
Yeah, I think I remember you three sitting there in the mornings!

·
Registered
2,569 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
It was hot and dusty then, too.
I can remember when it was farther back in the fall and starting the week in shorts and a tee shirt and by Sunday shooting in a bob Allen winter coat with sleet bouncing of it! When you packed for the fall shoot back in the nineties you had to be ready for anything.

·
Registered
1,424 Posts
Lynn Creek and the ATA did a fine job,clearly a lot of hard work had to be done in a short period of time and I appreciate it.The cashiring was smooth and quick as could be,problems with traps were repaired quickly,targets were fine. Its not Sparta as far as speed of how everything moved along and the parking etc but it was a good time.Good job ATA and the folks at Lynn Creek..Yes Sparta is a better facility but the ATA had no choice in the matter.

·
Ya can't miss with a shotgun
2,763 Posts
Jk80..... it was great to meet you in person after reading your posts for so long on this forum..... I had a great time during the entire full week of the Grand American.

Squadding with Gussers, KS Okie, Big Ed Wolken all week was a true pleasure, a ton of fun, and wow, did we ever eat well!!
I met several new TS.com’ers, Henry Winn included, during the week and even chatted with Timb99 again after a year.

In many ways I enjoyed the Grand American at Linn Creek more than the Grand at Sparta last year. All told, I put 2,360 miles on my vehicle to make the round-trip pilgrimage, and I’d do it again.

My final photo of the great battlefield at dawn, from the Grand Old Grand American.....

44088A70-7430-433A-B485-F0CEC93186B4.jpeg

·
Premium Member
4,728 Posts
Lynn Creek and the ATA did a fine job,clearly a lot of hard work had to be done in a short period of time and I appreciate it.The cashiring was smooth and quick as could be,problems with traps were repaired quickly,targets were fine. Its not Sparta as far as speed of how everything moved along and the parking etc but it was a good time.Good job ATA and the folks at Lynn Creek..Yes Sparta is a better facility but the ATA had no choice in the matter.
Sparta is a newer, bigger , more modern facility than the MTA , but it lacks the heart & soul and down home feel the MTA has . Miles of concrete & asphalt and fancy buildings will never override the feel of the closeness and down home welcoming of steeped in tradition history of the MTA .

·
Registered
3,369 Posts
Squadding with Gussers, KS Okie, Big Ed Wolken all week was a true pleasure, a ton of fun, and wow, did we ever eat well!!
I met several new TS.com’ers, Henry Winn included, during the week and even chatted with Timb99 again after a year.
Wish I could have been there to add a little class to the group that you shot with! Yes, that group can eat! I was recovering from what should have been a terminal case of stupid but alas I lived! I will certainly be at the Fall Handicap!

·
Premium Member
1,221 Posts
I shot Tuesday thru Saturday of Grand Week and had a great time in Linn Creek. The targets were good and I never had a trap machine break down while I was on the line. The shoot as a whole went well and I think the MTA and the ATA did one hell of a job getting things together just so we could have a 2020 Grand American!! The only problem I encountered was some of the pullers were just not well prepared............Other than that it was great. The time that was given to the powers that be and what they accomplished in such a short time was incredible. Some will moan and piss about this, that, and the other anyway but you still gotta give it to em'...............they made it happen..........

1 - 20 of 33 Posts