Trapshooters Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Banned
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey all, just signed up on here and I am about 18 months into organized trap. Ive been shooting a TON and really enjoy where the sport is taking me.

I plan to attend the Grand in August and believe I will have my registered targets up enough by then to not be penalized, anyway...

looking for someone or a group that may be traveling there and might want to share resources. As an example I have a golf cart and a fifth wheel but I can't roll with both so if there is someone that has a cart and would like to squad together I can offer a place to lay you head in the fifth wheel or vise versa, Ill bring the cart and you provide a bunk - we could split the camping cost and what not. I would like to meet new people and have friends to chat and eat with in the evenings otherwise I would just grab a hotel in Sparta or near buy.

If your not full up hit me back. Look forward to seeing everyone there!

P.S. Ill be coming from the Grand Rapids, MI area

·
Banned
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Update- I haven't heard from anyone so I got a hotel in Sparta and am bringing the golf cart... still interested in squadding/ or meeting up with folks while there.

·
Banned
694 Posts
Last minute trying to get a camping spot might be impossible unless you plan on camping off the grounds. Watch out where you stay in Sparta, there is at least 1 maybe 2 motels that are Flea bags.

·
Banned
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Last minute trying to get a camping spot might be impossible unless you plan on camping off the grounds. Watch out where you stay in Sparta, there is at least 1 maybe 2 motels that are Flea bags.
Holiday Inn is what I was able to grab right in Sparta - pictures and reviews looked decent enough. I guess we will see.

·
Registered
1,927 Posts
Holiday Inn is what I was able to grab right in Sparta - pictures and reviews looked decent enough. I guess we will see.
I would think twice about your Sparta room?? Why do you think you were able to get that room this close to the start of the Grand ?? seymore/82 is correct with his info. Good Luck

·
Registered
1,876 Posts
Look into Air bnb. You can get a whole house 2 bedrooms 1 bath for as low as 75.00 a night in the surrounding towns. This one is 30 miles from the complex with some nice restaurants in the area.

Doug

·
Banned
694 Posts
The Holiday Inn will be fine, Price could be a "OUCH". Come and enjoy yourself. Get on the camping list for next year and all those coming years. 35 for me this year. Since you are new to the ATA and Sparta you will love it. Be sure to bring a copy of your Golf Cart Insurance and register it as you are required to do so. $500,000 worth of liability. The desk where Trap & Field is located in the Central Entry Building is where you get your permit. Don't wear your self out shopping and looking, its a long week or 2 weeks considering when you arrive. The golf cart will help a lot. Great tool there.

·
Banned
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
The Holiday Inn will be fine, Price could be a "OUCH". Come and enjoy yourself. Get on the camping list for next year and all those coming years. 35 for me this year. Since you are new to the ATA and Sparta you will love it. Be sure to bring a copy of your Golf Cart Insurance and register it as you are required to do so. $500,000 worth of liability. The desk where Trap & Field is located in the Central Entry Building is where you get your permit. Don't wear your self out shopping and looking, its a long week or 2 weeks considering when you arrive. The golf cart will help a lot. Great tool there.
ooh! thanks you for the heads up on the insurance, I had a campground require that once as well and it caught me off guard but like it or not we are a liability run world and the insurance companies make the calls- that just rules out my likelihood of running people over... or does it?...

1 - 8 of 8 Posts