Trapshooters Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guy's what is your thoughts on gracoil and Rad recoil system, Is one better than the other etc. Thanks Brett

·
Registered
21,600 Posts
RAD II hands down. Have one on my Beretta 682 and love it. I also have a Gracoil w/LOP Recoil system on a Browning BT99. It works fine but its not the quality of the RAD. IMO Rad has easier adjustments. Easliy removes for cleaning and oiling. Gracoil is slightly more difficult on both.

Matt

·
Registered
21,600 Posts
I should have added that im sure there will be plenty of other options thrown at you too.

Matt

·
Registered
2,224 Posts
Never owned or shot a gun with a gracoil on it but have owned two with rad ii and worked very well. Very happy with both.

·
Registered
3,719 Posts
Used gracoils for along time and then last year just because I had one, we installed a rad two. Iam a rad man from here on in.

·
Registered
802 Posts
Its simple to remove-even a cave man could do it! Yes you remove the unit-loosen a set screw with an allen wrench and turn the dial,very easy. The 5 setting seems the best.

·
Registered
21,600 Posts
The RAD removes very easily from the stock and is easy to return to your preset LOP and cant adjustment. It does require the unit be removed to set tension. This is the design that betters the Gracoil. IMHO

Matt

·
Registered
14,809 Posts
You will find the gracoil spreads the recoil out over a longer period than a RAD or RAD II. Take a Gracoil and a RAD and compress them at a tight setting. The Gracoil travels twice the distance of the RAD before it bottoms out.

I have 2 RADII's and 2 Gracoils on guns I regularly shoot, and I have the RADIIs set next to max to keep them from compressing when I mount the gun. Not so with the gracoil.

·
Registered
377 Posts
If you believe that the more expensive an item is, the better then get the Rad. The gracoils do what they are designed to do an put 100 back in your pocket. Bruce

·
Registered
21,600 Posts
The RAD II costs more because it is a better and easier to use system. It also has more adjustment. The Gracoil does reduce recoil as advertised.

Matt

·
Registered
7 Posts
Gracoil. It's simple and it works very well if adjusted properly. There's a reason why Gracoil has been on the market for a while.

Suffice it to say that I've removed my RAD II's, tossed them aside, ate a huge loss, and moved on to the Gracoils.

Dave.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.