Trapshooters Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Banned
Perazzi TM1/Perazzi MX8
544 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anybody here shooting a Model 12 with a Gracoil? If so how do you find it? Was it worth the investment in terms of reduced recoil and adjustability for fit?
Thanks in advance, The Canuck

·
Registered
291 Posts
Canuck- I had a BT-99 without and bought a new BT-99 from Guns Unlimited that had the Gracoil. I went from hating the gun as far as recoil to loving shooting this new one. Haven't had any other experience with recoil reducers but sold on Gracoil. The adjustability of the pad is great as well. Good luck, Jim

·
Banned
Perazzi TM1/Perazzi MX8
544 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Jim I am currently shooting a Citori XT Gold with factory installed Gracoil and like you I really like it. That is why I was thinking of putting one on my Model 12 if it is doable? I rarely shoot doubles so am going to sell off the XT and go to the Model 12 as my primary singles/handicap gun. I can always shoot my SX1 for doubles.

·
Registered
1,508 Posts
I have a mod.12 with Bill's recoil reducer and works very good. With this the comb moves on the reducer.The l.o.p. is only adjusted by spacers or thin or thicker recoil pads.I had this done this past winter and i'm still learning,I shot 112 shots sunday with no pain.I have a gracoil on a K-gun it does O.K. I would look into this air recoil pad first and see how they work.If you were close you would be welcome to try my m12,sw Pa. Shoot well.

·
Registered
102 Posts
Have the Gracoil on my BT 99 Golden Clays. I love the system. I have a mercury reducer with a kickeez pad installed on my Citori XT it works almost as good as the Gracoil but doesn't have all the adjustability. Love the Gracoil system but not enough to put it on my Citori.

·
Registered
3,386 Posts
I purchased a M 12 with VERY SHORT STOCK FOR A WOMEN so installed a gracoil with the adjustable length feature still use it 15 years later. I liked it so much I have several on other guns go for it it will make a difference not only for recoil but if you are at a big shoot over several days you will see the help you get from the days of pounding you receive. If Big Leo needed a recoil device than so do I think about this.

I used a factory stock no issues

Buddy

1 - 10 of 10 Posts