Trapshooters Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,200 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have purchased a Gracoil recoil reducer and want to know if anyone out there has put one on a Browning XT with factory adjustable comb. Installation instructions look straight forward but am wondering about what to do with the adjustment screw for the comb that is accessed from the back of the stock. I will need to cut the stock off about 7/8 inch and am wondering what I will cut into, if anything. Any advice on installing this is welcome. Thanks in advance. Bob

·
Registered
1,903 Posts
Bob, You must measure to see how deep the adjusting screw is. I put one on with the same adjustment. I took it out and cut the other end off (the threaded end) and re-threaded it.
Don

·
Registered
2,063 Posts
The best solution is to replace the factory comb hardware with the Graco replacement hardware. That eliminates both the screw and all the problems with Browning's junk hardware that you will have from now on.

Ken Rucker...Speedbump Stockworks

·
Premium Member
1,200 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks for the suggestions. Is there any other suggestions out there? Thanks in advance for any info you can provide before I start cutting. Bob

·
Registered
2,981 Posts
If you want to keep the original hardware, you may need to shorten the screw....maybe not. It depends on how much wood you cut off.

I've mounted and fitted the aluminum plate to the buttstock, then drilled a hole in the plate for the screw. You do not want the screw to extend out of the plate, so this is where it might need to be shortened.This works nice, because all you need to do for a comb adjustment is turn the pad out of the way.

Doug

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.