Trapshooters Forum banner

1 - 20 of 57 Posts

·
Registered
3,179 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just seen where he has broke down the state by 11 regions and the virus broke down by 5 Phases. Right now he has the whole state classes as Phase 2. #1 is the worst and #5 is back to normal. They plan to break down the regions by phase so the state could open up in different phases (times). Kinda like "who's on first".

Anyway, that would put St. Clair, Monroe and Randolph counties in Phase #4 now if the standard was in place which would be good for a Grand chance at Sparta. Damn, why make this so complicated. I wonder what Phase does Cook County have to be to get his wife back from Florida? Pritzker is on TV every damn day , frickin Media whore. Democrats just have to make themselves feel important. Can't wait for tomorrows speech from Der Fuhrer. Colonel

·
Registered
1,083 Posts
I saw him say the state will be broken down into 5 regions. Then have the 5 stages of reopening but phase 5 requires a vaccine, no new cases for an extended period of time, or an effective treatment for those who have the virus. Until then no Large gatherings, concerts, etc. That will basically close the WRSC until next year unless he gives it an exemption. We are currently in stage 2, and it’ll take stage 3 or 4 before a damn barber shop can reopen!

·
Registered
873 Posts
I read this release today. Do you guys interpret this to mean phase #4 is good for the Grand?

·
Registered
3,179 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Who knows for sure. I hope so, clubs are starting to open up, my club opens pistol and rifle on the 16th, trap and skeet the 23rd. Shooting Sporting tomorrow in Missouri as no clubs are open here yet that I know of. We already lost the SCTP. Down the road the ATA could say screw this place too (hope not). Little Lord Farquart (Shrek series) has to rule you know. Cook County is where the bulk of the cases are, down state not so much at all.

·
Premium Member
130 Posts
Hey, I know I’m a relative newcomer & don’t want to get anyone’s knickers in a wad, but isn’t there a separate area for these political posts?

We’re all subjected to partisan tirades everywhere these days - why not stick to the forum categories?

It would be nice to be able to come here & discuss shooting, reloading & similar stuff. If people want to rant, they can go over to the political section & work their fellow unhappy & irate comrades into a frenzy - not here.

Or what am I missing?

Jeez...

·
Premium Member
130 Posts
How much of this sounds like shooting & not about politics?

“Gov. Pritzker is an idiot!”

“frikken Media whore”

“Democrats just have to make themselves feel important.”

“Little Lord Farquart (Shrek series) has to rule you know.”

Sure sounds like political venting to me!

Enough said - I’ll bow to you (obviously non-political) guys & move on.

But this “Trapshooters Forum” sure isn’t what I expected.

·
Registered
1,083 Posts
One poster on this thread made all of those statements. And most if not all of us agree with him! But it’s still about shooting, especially the Grand and to a lesser degree on the US Open and any other shoots normally held at the WRSC.
In a time such as this most of us are more concerned with when or if we can go to shoots and the restrictions in place than trivial BS about a gun or why I can’t hit right angles.

·
Premium Member
130 Posts
OK, John - point taken.

Then, by your own explanation, this whole thread should be over in “Shoot Information, EVENTS, Clinics & Results”

The “Shooting Related Threads” should be for people who want to discuss “trivial BS about a gun or why I can’t hit right angles.”

·
Registered
21,497 Posts
OK, John - point taken.

Then, by your own explanation, this whole thread should be over in “Shoot Information, EVENTS, Clinics & Results”

The “Shooting Related Threads” should be for people who want to discuss “trivial BS about a gun or why I can’t hit right angles.”
Calm down.

·
Registered
21,600 Posts
OK, John - point taken.

You were right when you said you were a new comer. Now STFU and find somewhere else to be annoying.

·
Premium Member
5,471 Posts
You were right when you said you were a new comer. Now STFU and find somewhere else to be annoying.
Matt, good to see you are still heading up the welcoming committee! :D

·
Premium Member
1,613 Posts
A Governor with a name like that what else could you expect. I would hate to know that I had voted for anyone with that name. Shit like that don't happen in Tennessee. If he had a name as he does and runs for public office he wouldn't be a fart in a whirlwind. Damn in glad I'm from the South and proud of it. No Pun Intended! Just facts!

·
Registered
8,388 Posts
Tom in Pitt,
No offense intended but you have been a member for over 3 years and only have 45 posts.
Do you normally just read the threads and not participate in the discussions?
Seems like the OP might have offended you by calling the liberal democrat an idiot.
Liberal democrats are not too well tolerated on this site, seems like their agenda goes against what most of us believe in, just saying.

·
Registered
75 Posts
Did he state how long of a period of time had to pass with no new infections before a zone could enter Phase 5? Or what an acceptable treatment could be categorized as? These rules could keep Illinois shut down for years

·
Registered
873 Posts
If he sticks to this, the Grand is done on the vaccine requirement alone. That won't be here before July 20th, and most certainly won't be here before the June 15th deadline. The above poster is right. Based on the posted requirements for Phase 5, it could be years...not months.

Now...could that and a few other exceptions be made for the region the Grand is in? Yes. But does the Governor want everyone from all around the world coming into Illinois? That remains to be seen.

·
Registered
1,083 Posts
My thoughts are that those conditions were put out just to give people hope of a sooner rather than later reopening. His real intent is to keep IL locked down at some level until a vaccine is available. But I have no specifics about those other conditions or any time frames. Not being a legal scholar or a lawyer I don’t know if a law suit could force him to fully reopen the state before any of this happens. At the rate businesses will be going under with a prolonged closure he might be forced to on that alone. IL is losing enough people and businesses without this virus. Keep the state locked down for a year or more and there won’t be much left.

1 - 20 of 57 Posts