Trapshooters Forum banner

21 - 40 of 68 Posts

·
Registered
2,230 Posts
I'm sitting on 20,000 small pistol primers. Thought about selling half of them, but I figure China Joe and the Cali Hoe will tax new purchases to death so I'm holding tight for now.

·
Premium Member
4,094 Posts
At an auction for registered cattle
they sold a bull for 12k and 3 open heffers 4k each.
This was over twice thier value and it got the buyers all worked up and the rest sold high . I had never seen such excitement. They couldn't wait to bid.
An old guy told me what they had done. One guy traded his bull for 3 heffers. They bid it up to get the crowd worked up.
Henry

·
Registered
7,691 Posts
That might be money laundry (whoever the buyer is hiding from). LOL

·
Registered
241 Posts
If people are dumb enough to pay it how can you blame the sellers. I currently am a gun owner, not an enthusiast as I don’t currently shoot. I may never again if target shot shells are a buck a piece. I will find other things to do.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Ya can't miss with a shotgun
2,560 Posts
A lot of very foolish people out there..... if someone wanted to pay me that much for a flat of shells, I’d likely sell it to them also.
I’m buying all of the STS and AA’s I want at about $79/flat..... and I buy when I can.

To think you are going to find accurate inventories online, is not very realistic, and online purchase limits are very restrictive.

Another thing that is crazy is mentioning the name of a retail store on a public forum that does have inventory.... that’s the quickest way to ensure it disappears very quickly for everyone.

·
Registered
576 Posts
If you want it buy it, if not don't. It's a free market. I personally won't pat these prices for 22LR & 9mm so I will just wait and see, maybe next year. In the mean time I will focus on 12GA reloading and gathering up supplies to keep that part running.

·
Registered
356 Posts
Makes me wonder what I could get for a brick of Eley .22 match ammo if people are paying .25-.32 a round for .22 ammo.

Derek

·
Premium Member
7,669 Posts
Those shell are 3 1/4 dram. 1335FPS.
Maybe the recoil will knock some sense into him.
Not really,
Those are 24 gram Olympic Bunker loads.
A tad less than 7/8 oz. There is hardly any recoil at all. A real pleasure to shoot.
One would have to be NUTS to pay that price, the exact same shell is available locally for $92.00 per flat and the are in stock.
MG

·
Premium Member
1,435 Posts
It is price gouging.

Remember the gasoline prices of a few years back and the toilet paper prices last year?

Then there were the Obama years when ammo dried up and eventually came back into circulation.

Like any other manufactured shortage this will pass eventually.

·
Registered
250 Posts
The stuff on GB may have a good bid on it. But, will the seller actually get the money? I have seen a lot of NR people bidding on these items. I also heard that the anti people are bidding on this stuff in an attempt to frustrate gun owners.

·
Registered
21 Posts
No its not price gouging. If you are stupid enough to pay it, you get what you pay for. Unfortunately we are in a cycle with ups and downs. Those that don't plan ahead get burned. Self inflicted.

·
Registered
523 Posts
I think the whole thing is rigged. It wouldn't surprise me if there were hundreds of bots selling/bidding on these online auctions to add fuel to the fire. I saw 6.5 Grendel bringing $2.00 + a round on Gunbroker.
A auction in southern Ohio 9mm brought $1.50 a rd

21 - 40 of 68 Posts